Our client provides advice to investment management and private banking services to high net worth individuals, trusts, charities and funds.
The role is based in London, but with some travel as appropriate to other locations where the clients conduct its business.
The Legal team covers a wide range of legal issues and some regulatory matters.
The role is initially a temporary one initially however for the right person it is intended that it becomes permanent, and a focused training contract within the Legal team is then offered.
The role will involve assisting with the following legal work streams. This will involve some autonomous work, with appropriate supervision by the highly experienced and collegiate London team.
- Advising on, and drafting, standard terms of business and related client documentation, primarily in the UK, but also overseas.
- Advising on, and drafting, terms of business and related documentation for intermediaries, counterparties and other market participants.
- Advising on account opening and closing queries, as well as ad hoc issues which arise during the client engagement.
- Providing legal support for major projects within the business such as strategic (e.g. acquisitions and disposals) or regulatory changes.
- Assisting with the legal aspects of new products and services
- Assisting with regulatory matters, including advising on, and producing documentation regarding, FCA and PRA rules, data privacy and cross-border financial services laws.
- Advising on, and negotiating, general commercial contracts and other legal documentation as part of the firms’ general business activities.
- Advising on actual and potential disputes, including client complaints.
- Assisting with the production of templates, guidance notes, policies, the legal intranet and management information.
- Arranging for documents to be signed and liaison with the team assistant regarding document storage and administration.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Law degree or equivalent e.g. GDL.
- Vocational qualification or equivalent e.g. LPC.
- Experience of working for financial services’ businesses.
- Knowledge of the legal and regulatory risks associated with financial services’ businesses.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills, and the ability to liaise with a variety of staff.
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Strong attention to detail and research skills.
- Proactive and responsible.
- Skilled at using MS Office, particularly Outlook and Word.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Knowledge/experience of the wealth management/private banking industry.
- In-house legal experience in the wealth management/private banking industry.
- Experience of using a document management system.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job