Hours Monday - Friday 9.30 am - 5.30 pm
Salary: £18,000 - £20,000 + fantastic benefits package including a choice of gym membership, childcare vouchers, flexible holiday, health screening, insurance and sports activities.
This is is a very exciting opportunity for a Paralegal with limited experience to join an international law firm in situated in Bristol near Temple Meads station.
My client is highly successful and employ 650 people based in London, Bristol, Singapore and Hong-Kong. It is a contemporary and forward thinking firm which takes staff development seriously and offers great career prospects.
Working from modern offices, diversity and inclusivity is encouraged along with regular staff social events and activities. Ontop of a highly competitive salary you are offered a fantastic choice from their benefits package which includes life assurance, income protection, group personal pension, childcare vouchers, season ticket loan, mortgage advice, private medical insurance, gym and holiday flex and more!
This role is working with the Risk and Compliance team dealing with Customer Due Diligence. As a Paralegal you will be responsible for identifying the CDD requirements for any given matter, carrying out the requisite searches and checks against the parties involved, and reporting to the matter team. You will therefore work closely with the matter teams, Partners, the Risk and Compliance team to ensure the right outcome. You will gain a deep understanding of the risk factors which signal a money laundering risk and the questions that need to be answered to assess the risk of being used as a money laundering tool.
The main responsibilities will include:
- Management and prompt turnaround of requests for CDD checks made by matter teams
- Liaising with the matter team to obtain information about the client and matter,
- Carrying out the necessary searches, via the Internet and relevant databases
- Saving all the search results,
- Drafting the CDD report, cogently setting out your findings and conclusions,
- Escalating matters where required to the matter team, Risk and Compliance or the MLRO,
- Assisting with the ongoing monitoring of on-going high risk matters,
- Involvement in the development of a smooth running CDD function through innovation and the contribution of fresh ideas.
There will be opportunity for the right person to develop by taking on responsibilities such as: Ownership and improvement of the core CDD processes; Maintenance and management of client extranets; Leading on case management software usage; Leading on key client relationships; Client and internal reporting; Quality control; etc.
The successful candidate will have some previous Paralegal experience (compliance or risk would be an advantage), but they would also consider entry level with either a Law degree or GDL qualification and limited experience.
You will need to have a good working knowledge of law firm operations & pressures, be confident with strong written & verbal communication skills.
Please apply promptly for this great opportunity!
- Due Diligence
- Anti Money Laundering
- Risk Compliance