Job Title: Paralegal - Litigation
Department: Clinical Negligence
Hours: Your normal working hours will be Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm, however you will need to be flexible in working outside these hours as the team and business requires.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Paralegal to join a Clinical Negligence team, in Southampton.
About the Role
You will be assisting Partners and Senior Fee-Earners on a range of Clinical Negligence claims, as well as progressing some basic matters yourself.
- Experience in this area of law would be advantageous but not essential; however candidates will have completed their LPC and will be looking for long-term progression within a successful and growing firm.
- As a logical, organised and thorough person with excellent attention to detail, you will ensure an accurate and speedy turnaround of work, responding promptly to clients and colleagues.
- You will have experience of dealing with client information with tact and sensitivity, and able to discuss matters with clients in an empathetic manner
- You will be able to provide high level administrative services to the team, undertaking research, report writing and drafting documentation as required.
- You will have good communication skills, both written and oral, and be numerate.
- You will have a capability for proof reading and checking of documentation.
It is important that you include a covering letter with your CV, detailing why you feel you are suitable for this position and highlighting all relevant experience.
We receive a high number of applications on a daily basis so we can only respond to successful applications. If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.
Our full equal opportunities policy can be viewed here: http://equal-opportunities/