Kennedys are seeking to recruit a Paralegal / Litigation Assistant for their Chelmsford office.
This is a great opportunity to work on a high quality caseload for a variety of clients on Small-track and Fast-track claims, with a focus on motor work.
This team is headed up by partner Richard West who is based in our Chelmsford office and is known in particular for dealing with employers’, motor and public liability claims. He has also developed expertise including catastrophic, brain and psychiatric injury on behalf of insurers, self-insured and policyholders.
This is an excellent opportunity to join this award-winning firm. "Insurance Firm of the Year" (The Legal 500 UK Awards 2018).
Type of Clients:
• Employers’ Liability/Public Liability Insurers
• Motor insurers
• Local authorities and London Boroughs
• Claims handlers
Type of Cases:
• Employers’, motor and public liability
• General liability
Essential: Good Academics.
Desirable: LPC graduate, FILEX qualified or studying towards ILEX qualification.
Essential: (Type, length, quality, background)
• A minimum of 1-2 years* defendant litigation experience preferably within personal injury (claimant experience will be considered).
• Able to run own caseload with some supervision.
• Small-track and fast-track claims experience.
• Experience of arbitration and negotiation.
• To have had previous client contact and attendance at business development events.
*Where a level of experience is indicated, this is a guideline only and represents the amount of time we would usually expect a candidate to accumulate the requisite level of experience. This does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience.