Paralegal / Legal Executive - Specialist Recovery Team - Liverpool
DWF LLP is seeking to recruit a Paralegal / Legal Executive with relevant experience is required to join the Specialist Recovery team based in Liverpool.
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
A Paralegal / Legal Executive with relevant experience is required to join the Specialist Recovery team based in Liverpool.
The successful candidate will be based in the Specialist Recovery Team handling all manner of insurance recovery claims including tort of deceit, void policy claims, Article 75 claims and general recovery opportunities arising from fraud, motor and other insurance sources. Cases can be of any value.
We will consider candidates with experience of working in house with an insurer or from private practice. Candidates will have the ability to work well within a team, be confident liaising closely with more senior fee earners and clients, and to have strong organisational skills.
It is desirable for candidates to have gained experience in use of a case management system and be able to deal with cases on a no-paper basis.
- Responsible to: Graham Smith.
- Liaison with: Employees at all levels within DWF, and clients.
- Action all cases in line with practice group/client service standards and protocols ensuring the monitoring and completion of MI as required;
- Assist in driving performance across the fee earning team and providing supervision and guidance when required;
- Use of the case management system and / or use of standard documentation wherever appropriate;
- Utilise negotiation and communication skills to proactively settle/ assist in the settlement of cases whilst further developing legal technical knowledge;
- Analyse risk and utilise commercial knowledge to develop sound judgement in order to justify decisions in the management of cases;
- Prioritise and organise work efficiently and effectively to ensure client service level agreements and deadlines are met;
- Understand the role in the context of the practice group and proactively seek to increase contribution via the allocation of work;
- Work flexibly in adjusting to changes in priority of workload as dictated by line manager;
- Interpret financial information to monitor your own performance against agreed targets ensuring there’s an ability to explain any differential.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Jonathan Brett
Note to recruitment agencies: We operate a strict preferred supplier list and we will only accept CV's from agencies who we have agreed terms with and who we have instructed to assist us with this recruitment. All introductions should be made direct to the Talent Acquisition team and we will not pay a fee for any CV's sent to our business outside of this process.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job