Our client has a vacancy for a Paralegal/Legal Assistant Conveyancing. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in Conveyancing but this is not essential. The role would be ideal for a future trainee who is looking to gain work experience in a law firm.
Duties and responsibilities
- Dealing with general client enquiries where possible.
- Opening and managing files throughout the transaction
- Using Case Management System Outlook, Excel and other computer programmes as appropriate
- Preparing documents.
- Legal Research
- Ensuring key dates are met
- Dairy management of three fee-earners
- Liaising with clients and solicitors
- Telephone chasing
- Filing and post
- Arranging appointments
- Copying, faxing and e-mail
- Closing files
- Typing/Work Processing as and when required.
- Other areas of the fee earner’s role where specific assistance is required.
- Wherever and whenever possible, using best endeavours to promote the firm.
- Encourage new clients to the firm.
- Understanding of Law
- Knowledge of Legal procedures
- Computer skills to include a good working knowledge of the Microsoft Suite
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Organisation and prioritisation
- Professional telephone manner and good people skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication, ability to converse with a diverse range of people at all levels
- Honesty, integrity and reliability
- Conscientious and methodical
- Steadiness under pressure
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available.