A leading London based educational informational provider is looking for a paralegal/contract drafter to provide legal support to agreements relating to content acquisition. This is a temp role to start as soon as possible for one month with possible extensions. This role is based on their central London office but you may also from time to time be required to travel to their office in Essex.
- Provide legal support to the business and UK contracts team and maintenance of templates and support materials, responding to queries on self-service author, series editor and other agreements relating to content acquisition.
- Review, analyse, edit, draft and provide commercial and timely advice on non-standard and/or complex contracts relating to content acquisition, reviewing licences from trade publishers and other third parties
- Identify and mitigate potential risks to the company including issues and requirements such as royalties, confidentiality, intellectual property, and data privacy.
- Support business in responding to claims from or disputes with authors or other content providers, including copyright infringement allegations
- Provide legal research as required by lawyers in the Core team
Experience / skills required:
- Law degree and Paralegal experience or qualifications are a plus
- Experience of a wide range of contract drafting in a commercial environment, preferably within the publishing / other rights-oriented market or the education sector
- Thorough knowledge of: copyright and other areas of intellectual property, contract law, data protection requirements
- Ability to prioritise a heavy and changing workload with excellent organisational abilities
Please apply online, via Reed
Contact: Alison Redfearn
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion but we will keep your CV on file for any future relevant opportunities.
- Contract Law
- Intellectual Property
- Data Protection Act
- High volume workload