Our client has a vacancy for a Commercial Property Paralegal. This is a 12 month fixed term contract which offers the opportunity to be extended.
- Have day to day management of the majority of client files covering a wide range of matters including leasehold acquisitions for greenfield sites, rooftop sites, in-build sites and smart metering; deeds of variation; agreements for surrender; deeds of surrender; agreements; assignments; licences to occupy; freehold acquisitions; supplemental leases; tenancies at will; break notices; rent deposit deeds; deeds of easement; deeds of covenant; and customer licences.
- Draft documentation from precedent templates or otherwise producing first draft documentation based on heads of terms and ancillary client instructions and thereafter negotiate commercial terms and legal wording with other lawyers working towards agreeing documentation for engrossment.
- Review and consider first draft documentation based on heads of terms produced by other lawyers and thereafter negotiate commercial terms and legal wording with other lawyers working towards agreeing documentation for engrossment.
- Compose clear and concise correspondence to client, its externally appointed surveyors and other lawyers.
- Investigate both registered and unregistered title, raise title requisitions if required and ensure compliance with any relevant restrictions. In the event of title defect, advise on the potential risks, possible remedies and/or rectification procedures as appropriate.
- Adhere to client internal procedures which includes (1) operating, managing and updating KEEP; (2) forecasting, reforecasting and claiming milestones; (3) producing a pre-engrossment report; (4) producing a précis for signing; (5) preparing and submitting on line short particulars; (6) scanning copies of completed documentation onto system and (7) updating client deed schedules and liaising direct with its storage database provider from time to time in connection with the return (and retrieval) of deed packets (or co-ordination of all of the same as appropriate).
- Deal with completions.
- Where appropriate, deal with SDLT and HMLR applications post-completion.
- Attend monthly review meetings with client’s personnel.
- Become involved in project work (substantial or otherwise) within the timescales set by client and/or attend conference call meetings to provide updates. Where required, have ongoing management of a project.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with client’s personnel.
- Within 48 hours of receipt of a helpdesk query provide written advice to client.
- Prepare and deliver training seminars on relevant topics to client’s personnel at the request of client;
- Attend and participate in marketing events hosted for client’s personnel.
- Market the firm and the full range of services it offers so far as is possible during events or whilst networking.
- Professional Legal Qualification (CILEX/Law Degree/Paralegal)
- Commercial Property experience
- Commercial, practical and financial awareness
- Confidence and ability to communicate at senior levels
- Excellent academics and strong ambition for career development
- Excellent interpersonal and marketing skills with the ability to develop contacts for the team and the firm
- Team player able to fit into a friendly, busy team
- Negotiation skills
- Organisational ability
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job