Paralegal - Commercial
Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits on offer
Smith & Nephew is recruiting for a Paralegal to join its legal team in Watford, working with the Senior Counsel for Europe and Canada in the Commercial division. This role will become part of the team of paralegals that not only support Commercial, but also M&A and Corporate Functions, Regulatory and Litigation. This is a diverse role and a fantastic opportunity to work within multiple specialisms, providing great experience and career development.
Essential Job Functions
Support the operations of the Global Commercial Legal Team including:
- Support for direct and indirect procurement, including drafting of routine agreements as well as more complex agreements under lawyer supervision
- Support for sales and tendering activity, including drafting of routine pricing, sales and similar agreements and advice on tender submissions and tender challenges
- Review and approve promotional material
- Support M&A transaction processes, including document support
- Help manage commercial disputes and litigation
- Support on compliance matters under lawyer supervision
- Assistance with regulatory matters under lawyer supervision
- Management of external counsel
- Ensure agreements are properly executed and filed in accordance with group policy
- Any other matters as may be specified by Senior Counsel, Commercial
A law or equivalent degree
Previous Paralegal experience required.
Experience in the Health care Industry, e.g. Medical Devices, Pharmaceuticals or Bio-tech, is highly regarded but not essential.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong ability to communicate complex issues in concise terms.
Strong collaboration skills, being able to work with all levels of staff including senior management team.
Ability to work across different cultures and time zones.
Excellent time management skills, including ability to work within tight deadlines and Capacity to undertake work independently, with minimal supervision.
Ability to work well both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
Fluent in English
Smith & Nephew is a diversified advanced medical technology business that supports health care professionals in more than 100 countries to improve the quality of life for their patients.
We have leadership positions in Orthopaedic Reconstruction, Advanced Wound Management, Sports Medicine and Trauma:
- Orthopaedics Reconstruction - joint replacement systems for knees, hips and shoulders
- Advanced Wound Management - wound care treatment and prevention products used to treat hard to heal wounds
- Sports Medicine - minimally invasive surgery of the joint
- Trauma & Extremities - products that help repair broken bones
We have over 16,000 employees around the world. Annual sales in 2016 were more than $4.6 billion.
We are a constituent of the UK's FTSE100 and our shares are traded on the London Stock Exchange and through American Depository Receipts on the New York Stock Exchange (LSE: SN, NYSE: SNN) .
If you share our passion for pioneering innovation and can demonstrate how you meet the criteria outlined, we would love to hear from you.
We continue to actively build an environment where every individual can fulfil their potential and be proud ambassadors for Smith & Nephew, our customers and their patients. We value the diversity of our people and welcome applications from everyone.