Paralegal : Commercial Contracts : IP Department : Leading Global Energy Oil Company
Start Date: ASAP
Rate: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum, £185 per day Ltd Co
World Leading Global Energy Oil Company has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Paralegal to join its established IP Department. You will be responsible for assisting lawyers in performing key work on legal documentation, drafting contracts, performing legal or records research and preparing correspondence.
The ability to work in an efficient, informed and accurate manner is of great importance.
- Provide proactive commercial contract support for the Downstream, Upstream and Global Brands teams based in London
- Review, negotiate, draft and analyse Heads of Agreements, NDAs, Cooperation Agreements, Settlement and Coexistence Agreements, complex licences, sales and supply contracts, master purchase / framework agreements (maintenance, software, hardware support, etc.), portfolio M&A agreements, contract amendments, terms and conditions and statements of work, and other ad hoc agreement
- Review contractual aspects of RFPs, Quotations and ITB, and drafting / negotiation of subsequent amendments to responses, and of resulting agreements
- Carrying out due diligence, and administration of elements of contracts
- Management and resolution of minor contractual disputes
- To partner and liaise with the business and other Legal Departments to ensure internal/external deliverables are met in a timely and accurate manner, across multiple jurisdictions
- Travel to internal and external meetings and lead contract negotiation team at customer locations as required
- Partner with other members of the London based team to efficiently and effectively manage workloads, collaborate on departmental and cross-functional initiatives and participate in team activities
- Familiarity with contract management databases
- Ability to work under MOAs, and of understanding of separation of corporate and management support and approvals, and tracking and obtaining relevant signatures
- Working knowledge of tax and finance implications necessary
- Provision of general legal advice to the businesses, including on trade secrets and confidential information, data protection, ABC, general IP matters
- Ability to keep up to date with general civil and common laws and regulations
- Degree in business, law or related
- Experienced Paralegal with experience in a commercial contracts
- Understanding of Intellectual Property
- Ability to work independently
- Understanding of when to escalate matters
- Ability to work under pressure and to ensure timely delivery
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with clients and counterparties
This needs combining with a positive attitude and an ability to work within a large, globally dispersed project team in a multi-cultural environment. You also need to be a self-starter, a logical thinker and a quick learner, with strong initiative and excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, able to write clearly and concisely.
We believe in equality of opportunity for all job applicants regardless of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, creed or religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Specialising within Energy Trading, Oil & Gas, Financial Markets and TV & Entertainment, Eaglecliff Recruitment is ISO accredited, a Member of REC and listed within the top 4% for Financial stability by Dun & Bradstreet. Please telephone for an immediate response or email your CV for a reply within one hour. Eaglecliff Ltd is acting in the capacity of an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for contractor resourcing.