Paralegal Claims Handler - Permanent - Bristol - £18K - £30K DOE - J8890
Our client, a global legal firm in Central Bristol is recruiting in their Claims Handling team which handles employment and professional indemnity schemes on behalf of leading insurers but also Solicitor’s negligence.
The desire is to build the team and proactively expand the scope of its fixed fee work across claims handling schemes and books of defendant PI work, by obtaining new business and contracts, whilst also consolidating and strengthening the relationships with our existing clients.
Working with the team leader, you will be responsible for building and shaping the team it for the future, embedding principles of lean and efficient working, and establishing the culture, values and behaviours that make for an attractive and varied legal career.
Day to day work duties:
- Management of a caseload of professional indemnity claims handling matters within schemes managed by the team
- Accurately inputting and updating MI
- Mentoring of junior members of staff, including Legal Apprentices and/or Administration Assistants
- Attending review meetings, with insurers, brokers and larger insured clients
- Assisting the Legal Apprentices and/or Administration Assistants with certain administrative functions when required, including setting up new matters and dealing with invoices.
- Contributing to the development of the team by:
- Delivering high quality and timely output to clients, ensuring high levels of customer service and alignment with agreed working practices
- Working to develop an environment of constant improvement: enthusiastically sharing with and helping others; and taking responsibility for aspects of team development
- Capturing and collating required MI in accordance with agreed practice - for performance management, client reporting, SLAs, pricing and other purposes
- Demonstrating the values and behaviours that build up the team and keep it client-focused
- There may be opportunities for the right person to develop their career by taking responsibilities such as: Leading on case management, software usage; Developing key client relationships; Ownership and improvement of core team processes; Client and internal reporting etc.
- Law degree, LPC or CILEx Level 3
- Previous experience working within an insurance company or a law firm
- Knowledge of civil litigation
- A good working knowledge of law firm operations and pressures; understanding the need for efficient, timely, cost-effective support
- Confident, with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Hardworking, enthusiastic and motivated
- Commercially aware, with an understanding of the concepts of efficiency
- Ability to consider, analyse and advise upon large amounts of documents and material in a short space of time
- Organised and efficient
- Ability to deal with difficult or demanding situations and clients
- Confident with MS Office
- Previous experience within the field of professional indemnity claims and litigation
- Experience of case management systems
Our client will offer you a highly competitive salary along with a fantastic flexible benefits package including a choice of gym membership, childcare vouchers, flexible holiday, health screening, insurance and sports activities. Here are just a few of the perks available:
- Claims Handler
- Professional Indemnity