We are looking for volunteers to join our Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) team as a PALS Volunteer at the Trust Headquarters at Sceptre Point, within Lancashire and South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust. Volunteers will provide a friendly and personal point of contact for patients in our wards, listening to any issues or concerns patients are experiencing and escalate challenges to the most appropriate member of staff of the PALS team or PALS Manager.
Why is this volunteer role so important?
We believe that volunteers can provide a huge amount of support to our patients, visitors and staff. By supporting the work of PALS, volunteers will give patients and their families a chance to share their experiences, have companionship and reassurance during a challenging time, and will feedback to staff to help make improvements.
What will I do as a PALS Volunteer?
- Be a friendly and empathetic face for patients and staff within the PALS team.
- Be proactive in approaching and talking to people using our services, either accessing our community sites or during their stay in our hospital wards.
- Offer a listening ear where required.
- Build a rapport with nursing and other ward-based staff, in order to best help us meet the needs of patients/service users during their stay with us.
- Escalate any issues, concerns or requests to a member of the PALS team or the PALS Manager.
- Report back to the PALS Manager at the end of each shift to record patients spoken to and issues raised.
- Experience of a hospital environment is desirable.
Who can volunteer?
- Current patients or service users being seen in the community.
- Patients or service users discharged from Trust services.
- A person caring for a patient or service user.
- Members of the public.
Sceptre Point, Sceptre Way, Walton Summit, Bamber Bridge, Preston. PR5 6AW
Ideally, we are looking for individuals who can volunteer between 10am-1pm and 1pm- 4pm on weekdays. A commitment to at least one session, for a minimum of a three-month period is preferred.
What will you get out of it?
You will be volunteering with a close-knit, friendly and welcoming team who are wholly committed to improving healthcare for our patients and service users. This role will provide you the rare opportunity to gain an insight into how these areas of our hospitals function and to see how our incredible hospital staff work. You will gain experience in a hands-on customer service role and have the opportunity to gain new skills. You will receive training, support from the PALS Manager and hospital staff, and a huge amount of satisfaction from giving back to your local community by supporting the NHS. In line with our volunteer expenses policy, we will reimburse out of pocket expenses for travel and refreshments.
For further information email PALS@lancashirecare.nhs.uk
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'