The engineer will work in L3 support team as Senior Network Security Engineer. The role will require the engineer to work on-call and some out of hours work where required. Therefore, be certain that you are comfortable in a role that carries this expectation.
Strong & proven fault finding / root cause analysis& problem management skills are essential as well as the ability to take ownership of issues & manage them right through to successful resolution; ensuring 100% customer satisfaction.
The Senior Network Security Engineer will also need strong communication skills as they will be liaising with stakeholders, 3rd parties and customers at all levels both technically and non-technically.
The idea candidate will have:
- Experience in PaloAlto firewalls operational support. Ideally 3-5 years L3 operational support experience
- Have dealt with PaloAlto TAC and support teams
- Upgraded PA firewalls Software. Hardware upgrades and/or replacements using PA RMA procedure
- PANORAMA experience
- Good Network and Security experience
- Experience with dealing with customer issues related to network and security in a Level 3 position
- Extensive Firewalls (specially PaloAlto) troubleshooting experience
- Dealing with Major incidents
- PaloAlto certified
- Experience working with other firewall vendors and network products including Cisco (6500, Nexus 7L, 5K, ACI) and F5 (desirable)
Key responsibilities Include:
- Providing Service Operations & Assurance support to internal and external customers in accordance with the terms of the customer contract and Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Ensure the correct functioning and maintenance of all internal and external systems and products serviced by Service Operations.
- When required, act as the customer SPOC and co-ordinate the scheduling of intervention with Customer's, internal resolver groups, and the Service Desk ensuring the highest level of customer services and communications are maintained to resolve the fault and incident within the prescribed SLA's
- Carry out incident and problem management support to the highest standards and co-ordinate the resolution with the appropriate resolver groups.
- Proactively detect problems related to service and infrastructure operations and delivery services, conduct diagnostics and provide service request ownership to ensure resolution of customer problems.
- Support the senior team members in the management, reporting, and co-ordination of day-day tasks during absence of the Team Lead
- Perform Change Management, Configurations, Design and Implementation of the supported Product & Systems.
- Available to help other L3 team members in day to day job or during high profile incidents working as a team.
- Conducts the analysis, definition, documentation and testing of application & systems enhancements.
- palo alto
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"