Painter & Decorator
Location: HMP Bullingdon, Bicester OX25 1PZ
Salary: £24K - £27K per annum + Allowances & Benefits
Contract: Full time, Permanent
We are Gov Facility Service Ltd, a non-profit company owned entirely by the Ministry of Justice, supplying facilities management services to 50 prisons over the South and East of the UK with an employee count of 1400.
GFSL is a Ministry of Justice owned non -profit making company who supply facilities management services to c50 prisons over the South of the UK.
Most of the works we undertake are within controlled areas and support the safe operation of the prisons.
Having formed in February 2018, GFSL has prospered in supplying quality services to all of its establishments. With a staff count of c1400 we strive to be the FM employer of choice.
We are looking for an exceptional Painter & Decorator to assume responsibility for the following:
- Painting and decorating staff and prisoner facilities in the estate
- To ensure maintenance and small repairs are carried out
- To undertake survey inspections including in confined spaces and at height recording all work and completing associated registers/logs
- To drive estates vehicles and operate plant equipment
- To carry out locking duties as required
- To undertake incidental and emergency or urgent tasks and assignments
The successful candidate will have the following Skills/Qualifications:
- Must hold a City & Guilds, National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) Level 3 in Painting and decorating or an equivalent qualification
- Substantiated experience in similar role can be considered as alternative to formal qualification
- Must be able to display competency in the use and operation of all associated power tools and machinery
Why join us?
* In addition to the below we have been identified as key workers during the Covid-19 pandemic, due to the critical work that we undertake to maintain the prison estate, and so the stability and security that we offer to employees is even more relevant than ever *
You will be joining a core part of the public sector, and as a government employee can be assured of the job security and stability that the volatile private sector simply can’t provide.
You will have a consistent place of work, a supportive team around you, and be valued for your skill and experience, rather than forced to focus on profit margins for shareholders.
If you are successful, you will be offered a competitive salary along with 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and entry into our pension scheme from day one.
If this sounds like the perfect role for you and you’d like to find out more then please apply today and we’ll be in touch.
National Security vetting requirements, for working within the Prison Estate - Successful applicants will need to confirm their employment history for at least 5 years prior to the date of application so that pre-employment checks can be undertaken. If you have spent significant time abroad (a total of 6 months in the past 5 years) you would be required to give a reasonable account.
No agencies please!
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'