Qualified Painter and Decorator Supervisor - Hounslow (Housing Sector)
- To undertake daily supervision of operatives working in a range of teams across the Contracts division to achieve maximum efficiency and effectiveness by planning and scheduling the work ensuring daily works targets are achieved.
- Develop a resource strategy for the deployment of Operatives in each work streams in order to meet project needs identifying individual Operative capabilities.
- Review progress and respond to issues that arise to prevent delays. This includes ensuring all materials/tools and access equipment is in place.
- Liaise with Project Managers and the Scheduling Manager to monitor delivery and make any necessary adjustments between teams to ensure optimum utilisation of staff to meeting service requirements.
- Carry out pre-inspections as appropriate, ensuring work is clearly described, materials, plant, tools and access equipment are available and multi-trade input is co-ordinated to provide a seamless end to end service.
- Arrange and participate in 'tool-box' talks to keep Operatives abreast of issues and update on work related issues as required.
- Ensure that the quality of work undertaken by the team meets the required technical standards and secures customer satisfaction.
- This includes undertaking inspections during and at the completion of work.Ensure details of all work completed are being recorded and review and agree variations identified by operatives on jobs with the Project Manager.
- Responsibility for overseeing management of stock for work teams, in particular, materials to ensure these are efficiently managed and available for works teams as required. This includes daily liaison with stores and driver labourers in managing delivery schedules.
- To review materials held in stores and arrangements for direct purchases to ensure that the high frequency items are part of the core stock holding and other items are available at the time required.
- Investigate incidents where failure to have material available at the time needed has resulted in delays to projects and put arrangements in place with the supplier to ensure this is addressed.
- Provide clear direction to sub-contractors or other sections within the Council undertaking work on your behalf, ensuring this work is completed on time, to the correct quality and that costs are controlled.
- Undertake investigations under the direction of the Project Manager. This includes jobs that incur a high level of variations or time delay. Ensure any loss making types of work are identified and reviewed and work with the team leader to take action to address any such problems.
- Undertake HR investigations as instructed by the Project Manager. Where appropriate present the results of the investigation to a disciplinary hearing, and/or put in place appropriate training, coaching or other agreed outcomes.
- Deputise for Project Manager as required. This specifically means that during periods when the Project Manager is on holiday or otherwise not able to undertake the normal leadership of the team, the post holder will be responsible for all team matters and decisions. Production of monthly completion reports and invoices to pass to the client for payment
- Assist the Project Manager in ensuring planned works meet CDM requirements by co-ordinating and programming the works that minimise and/or manage any identified risks.
- Take a lead role on health and safety matters for contract teams, and ensure that all managers and staff are equipped to discharge health and safety responsibilities with appropriate arrangements in place for each team.
- NVQ 3 Painting and decorator