Alecto Recruitment are actively seeking a skilled and experienced Paint Sprayer based local to Buckingham. Our client are an established family run vehicle depot specialising in MAN and DAF Trucks, as well as all manufacturers of cars. and vans.
Purpose of the role: The Painter is accountable for producing a high-quality paint finish to a variety of cars and commercial vehicles / vans. The role works within structured routines using reference materials
- Responsible for following written instructions and procedures, and interpreting specifications to achieve the correct standards (including all preparation and finishing)
- Application of chromate conversion coatings, paint-stripping, refurbishment and remedial work including hand masking
- Operate low bake curing oven
- Active involvement in improvement initiatives
- Ensuring production output is achieved with minimal supervision
- Ensuring supervision is aware of any quality problems or equipment failure
- Participate and contribute to daily start up meetings with local team and Supervision
- Ensure the spraying equipment is correctly prepared for the finishing operations
- Mask to drawing requirements to ensure that correct finish is achieved
- Ensure correct and effective application of pre-treatments and cleaning processes
- Ensure rubbing down and surface preparation on refurbishment and remedial work
- Ensure all paint materials are mixed correctly for colour and consistency and recorded for paint traceability in accordance with work instruction sheets
- Preparation for materials ready for paint
- Responsible for inspecting and certifying that the quality of work is to the required specification and workmanship standards.
- Carrying out viscosity checks
- Be able to perform paint thickness and adhesion checks and record information in accordance with required Standards.
- Quality check all finished jobs
Key Skills, Experience and Competencies required:
- Must be familiar with manual preparation and application of coatings including pre-treatment, primer, undercoat and finish coats.
- Must be able to using various two-pack and air drying paint systems including: High and Low solids epoxy, polyurethane, water-based, acrylic and etch primers.
The succesful candidate cwill receive;
- A basic starting salary of £36,500
- Salary review after probation period
- 08:00am to 17:30pm
- Saturday mornings on a rota
- Performance related bonus
- Overtime available
If you feel you have the credentials to fill this position and would like to be considered, please apply.
| | in/louis-crosbie-842006151
- paint sprayer
- panel beater
- vehicle body repair
- panel technician
- paint technician
- spray painter
- MET technician
- vehicle damage assessor
- body shop technician
- damage assessor
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"