Paint shop Operative – Near Stowmarket – Full Time – Permanent – Up to £10 per hour
We are seeking an experienced Paint shop Operative to join a friendly established team where you will be working day shifts in a clean/safe environment. It will normally be a 39 hour week but there will be the option to work overtime. Normal working hours Monday – Friday between 7:45 – 4:30pm. Salary up to £10 per hour depending on experience.
Duties will include:
- Filing, Rubbing down, Sanding, masking and generally preparing stock
- Paint spraying various sized stock items, using air/air-less spray equipment; one coat paint systems.
- Cleaning & maintenance of spray shop, spray shop equipment including filter system, ventilation facilities & personal protective equipment
- Stock control of consumable items and standard stock colours, including maintenance of paint storage areas
- Completion of Quality control and H&S documentation
- Assisting with moving of equipment in and out of spray shop
- Developing an all-round working relationship with all business sectors and fellow colleagues with a view to improving working standards & practices.
- Ensuring that you manage your time in conjunction with the operations programme to meet targets and standards
- Working within health and safety guidelines
- Welding/Fabrication knowledge & experience
- Experienced Paint Sprayer. Ideally recognised qualifications. Minimum 2 years experience.
- Knowledge & Working Experience of health and safety requirements.
- Industrial forklift licence (5 tonne+)
- Abrasive wheels certificate
- Working at Height Safety
- CSCS Health and Safety card
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply with an up to date CV. If you would like to discuss the role please contact Lesa on .
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job