Cordant People are recruiting for a highly motivated and competent Paint Process Engineer to join a multinational supplier of automotive car parts, supplying businesses across the globe. If you are looking for an opportunity to join a company that strives for continuous improvement, believes in a strong one goal one team ethos and offers strong job security and longevity then we want to hear from you..
The right candidate will be able to design and deliver paint processes i.e. paint application/ robot programming by utilising the TPS philosophy of manufacturing. The individual will possess the ability to prepare and analyse technical reports and coordinate and assist in trial activities.
- To design and implement processes using the TPS.
- To develop processes using risk evaluation and analysis such as PFMEA (Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis) that ensures continuous improvement and high performance.
- To generate and maintain Process Plans for each new process using current cycle times, to determine the machinery and labour requirements. Take full ownership of process engineering items specific to their area of responsibility.
- To ensure that cost and delivery targets are met.
- To update and issue records for new and existing processes to ensure the process is running to spec. Writing of standard operations sheets and training of lead operator/Team Leader.
- To give ongoing support to Production through any issues with the process by investigating and modifying/improving existing machinery where appropriate.
- To generate and maintain CAD drawings for new and existing machinery where appropriate.
- To manage/prioritise and lead projects/production issues.
- Provide Engineering effective countermeasures/solutions to solve complex problems. Learning all aspects of the processes within their responsibility(e.g become the expert in that area.
- Degree or professional qualification/ NVQ 4
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills, ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to notice, interpret and anticipate others concerns and feelings
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability approach challenging tasks with a 'can-do' attitude
- Knowledge of injection moulding /Transfer Moulding/NPI
- Knowledge of Machine installation/CE marking/ flocking process/paint process and silicone spraying
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Microsoft Excel and Word
- Knowledge of engineering and technology principles and practice, tools and machines
This an excellent opportunity to join an established but a growing business that has it's people at the forefront of its vision and goals!
Cordant People are an employment business and equal opportunities employer. Ref CP1
Cordant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
- Process Engineer
- Paint Engineer