Paint Maintenance Technician
Paint Maintenance Technician (Electrical Biased)
We are currently recruiting for Paint Maintenance Technician to work in one of Banbury's busiest Warehouse. Our client is a leading Global Automotive supplier with 309 manufacturing operations and 99 product development, engineering and sales centres in 29 countries. We have over 152,000 employees focused on delivering superior value to our customers through innovative processes and World Class Manufacturing.
As a Paint Maintenance Technician you will need to have:
- Formal apprenticeship within the electro-mechanical environment
- Essential knowledge of Electrical, hydraulics, pneumatics, PLC's and Robotics
- Knowledge of conveyor systems, control systems, motors, drives, gas fired burners, humidity controls and essential booth balance monitoring
- Mechanical ability to repair trolleys and metal fabrication work
- Support to the assembly department technician, on all machine failures and continuous improvement projects
- Strong diagnostic skills, good numeracy and communication (both oral and written) skills, and ability to read technical drawings
- Ability to work using own initiative with minimum supervision
- Ability to work under pressure as well as listen and follow strict guidelines where applicable
- Promote team working, Continuous Improvements, communication and feedback
- Salary is £683.00 per week inc shift premium of 48%
- Working Hours: Continental shift patterns ( 07.00 - 19.00 & 19.00 - 07.00)
- Location: Banbury
- Immediate Starts
- Permanent Role
Role of a Paint Maintenance Technician:
- Rapid response to all breakdowns, or imminent failures that could affect quality or production and recording downtime.
- Use root cause analysis to prevent recurrence of failures, use problem solving techniques and team continuous improvements to eliminate line repeaters.
- Assist with TPM techniques for operators
- Assist in collecting equipment technical data, critical spares, suppliers and vendors and ensure detail is easily accessible.
- Achieve 100% scheduled accomplishment of PM's issued, with task and instruction review for improvement.
- To ensure that maintenance processes of power wash, de-min equipment and paint recovery systems are maintained effectively. To assist with routine cam changes as required by the business plan.
- Ensure housekeeping standards are maintained to 5 S standards and the weekly target is achieved. Assist with weekly audits and drive actions.
- Work with the H & S team to ensure all tasks have a robust risk assessment and safe system of work.
- Assist with the organisation of all spare parts and ensure that robust systems are in place for their documentation, storage, usage, cost and availability.
- Development of team skills. To assist with individual and team development through recognition of areas for training and development, and to undertake training as required by the business.
- To provide a total flexible working approach, covering where required to maintain shift cover, with occasional out of hours working.
- Ensure compliance to TS 16949, ISO 14001and other quality measures
- To project a professional image of the company to customers/visitors
- Provide engineering and technical services to improve the performance of the plant
- To ensure all safe working practices are adhered to
- To use the escalation procedure for any issues/concerns e.g. Quality/downtime
- Comply with Health & Safety and Environmental Policies
- Comply with the General Risk Assessments
- Comply with the Manual Handling Risk Assessments
- Comply with COSHH Risk Assessments
- Comply with the Safe System of Work documents
- Take appropriate actions in emergency situations
- Comply with the Lock Out Tag Out Procedure (where applicable)
If you are interested in the above Paint Maintenance Technician position please click apply
- Paint Maintenance Technician/Maintenance Technician/Engineer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job