Would you like to make a difference to an older adult in your local area by becoming a Paid Volunteer, Companion & Home Helper? Are you interested in part time hours in the Rugby area of Warwickshire, and are you a car driver?
This is an excellent opportunity to join an award-winning care provider, specialising in companionship and personal care to private clients within their own homes. You will be supporting older people to help them remain independent. This is a typical example of one of our customers:
"I’ve lived in my house for the last 40 years and it holds all my memories. Many of my friends have passed away so I get lonely. Although I can do things for myself, I am not as independent or confident doing things for myself, around the house or when I am out and about as much as I used to be!"
As their Paid Volunteer, Companion & Home Helper you would be available to help them when they really need it for example:
- Helping with their morning routine, picking out some clothes and helping them wash and get dressed.
- Giving them the motivation to get up on a morning and making sure they eat breakfast.
- Heating up a meal for them at lunch time or helping them prepare something fresh.
- Giving them a friendly reminder to take their medication.
- Maybe from time to time helping with tidying round the house.
- Taking them out shopping or to hospital/doctors’ appointments when needed.
- Help preparing their evening meal.
- Helping with their bedtime routine, perhaps just giving them a hand up the stairs.
- Being a friend and someone for company.
You would need to be available for approximately 10-30 hours per week. If you are available some early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings or a couple of hours on a weekend, then this position is perfect for you.
Unfortunately, full time or school hours are not offered due to the nature of the work.
There are also some truly rewarding benefits too, including:
- You would be making a huge difference to their everyday life and you will be gaining a friend too.
- You will be paid an excellent hourly rate of £8.50 - £10.00 per hour.
- Competitive mileage allowance.
- You will also receive excellent training.
If you are a car driver, have time to spare, and you have a big heart then we would love to hear from you.
You probably have lots of questions about being a Volunteer, Companion & Home Helper, that is fine, once you apply we will give you a call and answer any questions you may have and tell you a lot more.
Please note: This is not a Volunteer job; however, we are trying to attract individuals who are looking to make a difference in a part time role.
- Home Care
- Social Care