Would you like to make a difference to an older adult in your local area by becoming a Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion?Are you interested in part time hours in the Cleveland area?
It is essential you are a car driver with a reliable car due to the nature of the business and location of clients.
Come and join the best!
You could be joining a national home care and companionship service who have won multiple awards over the years and they have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK. You will be supporting older people in their own homes to help them remain independent. You will be helping them achieve this by:
- Assisting them with their morning or bedtime routines.
- Prompting to take medication.
- Assisting with washing and dressing.
- Taking them out shopping or attending local groups.
- Attending doctors or hospital appointments.
- Preparing meals and being a friend and someone for company.
Being a Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion, isn’t just a job, you will be gaining a friend too!
What are the potential hours?
You will be looking for part-time hours approximately 10-30 hours per week. You would need to build your hours as you develop your relationship with your clients. You must be able to work at least one weekend in every two as our clients usually need assistance then too (though 'weekend working’ may only be a few hours). So, if you are available some early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, or maybe just evenings and weekends, then this position is ideal for you.
There are some fantastic benefits?
- Making a difference to someone’s everyday life is the biggest benefit and motivator for doing this job;
- We currently pay £8.50- £19.00 (bank holidays), plus mileage allowance and paid holidays. Weekend working is paid between £9.00 and £9.50 per hour;
- Continuous training and support, with ongoing progression.
What skills do you need to be a Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion?
Firstly, you will want to make a difference to someone’s life and have a big heart!
You can be any age group and from any background, there is no upper limit.
You will be able to strike a relationship and rapport with the person you are paired with.
You will also be happy to provide personal care, which could be helping someone brush their teeth, assisting with washing, dressing or brushing their hair.
You probably have lots of questions, which is great. Once you apply we will give you a call and chat through anything you might like to know about joining the team.
Please note: This is not a Volunteer job; however, we are trying to attract individuals who are looking to make a difference in a part time role.
- Home Care
- Social Care
- Companion Care