Are you looking for part-time hours and want to make a difference? Maybe you have considered Volunteer Jobs? We have part-time jobs available in York, with no upper age limit so becoming a Paid Volunteer, Befriender and Companion could be perfect for you.
Come and join the best!
You could be joining an award winning national brand who focus on a companionship lead care service. They have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK. This exceptional service is different to any other care organisation in the area, providing a minimum of 1-hour home visits that focus on companionship and helping older people at home. Imagine having Dementia but still being able to go to your dancing class on a Saturday, still being able to enjoy a bit of shopping, still going into town on a Wednesday for cream tea!
As a Companion you would be helping make these things happen every day!
Sounds exciting, right? So, what will the role involve?
We will carefully match you to clients in your local area and you will visit regularly to support them to remain independent both in their own home and by keeping them active in the local community. This would include:
- Assisting with daily routine including mornings, lunchtimes and evenings.
- Taking them out shopping or attending local groups, events or appointments.
- Preparing meals and light household duties.
- Been a reliable companion and someone they can rely on.
- Prompting to take any medications.
If you have some availability early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings or a couple of hours on a weekend, then this position is ideal for you.
Benefits & Hours:
- £9.00 - £18.00 per hour, plus mileage allowance;
- Regular part-time hours between 8-25 hours per week (unfortunately, we cannot offer school hours or full-time hours due to the nature of the work);
- Paid annual leave, pension scheme and benefits program;
- A schedule that you can fit around your lifestyle;
- Excellent training and support.
The biggest benefit of all is making a difference every day and being part of a wonderful team.
Do you have a big heart? If you are excited by this opportunity we want to hear from you. Within our organisation if you shine opportunities are created. We have ambitious plans for the future and you could be part of that!
** PLEASE NOTE this is not a Volunteer job, it is paid employment, however we are trying to attract those that would look for Volunteer type jobs.**
- Home Visits
- Companion Care