Are you looking for full or part-time hours and want to make a difference? Maybe you have considered Volunteer Jobs? There is no upper age limit for applications and becoming a Paid Volunteer, Befriender and Companion could be perfect for you. We have part-time jobs available in the Newcastle, Jesmond, Wallsend, Walker, Gosforth, Benton, Fawdon, Fenham, Sandyford, Heaton and Killingworth areas of Tyne & Wear.
Come and join the best!
You could be joining an award winning national brand who focus on a companionship lead care service. We have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK. We have recently been awarded "Outstanding" by the CQC which is amazing.
This exceptional service is different to any other care organisation in the area, providing a minimum of 1-hour home visits to a purely private client base, but the focus being on companionship. Imagine having Dementia but still being able to go to your dancing class on a Saturday, still being able to pick up your pension, still going into town on a Wednesday for cream tea!
You would be helping make these things happen every day!
Sounds exciting, right? So, what will the role involve?
We will carefully match you to one or two Older Adults in your local area and you will support them to remain independent both in their own home and by keeping them active in the local community. This would include:
- Assisting with daily routine including mornings, lunchtimes and evenings.
- Prompting to take any medications.
- Taking them out shopping or attending local groups, events or appointments.
- Preparing meals and carrying out light household duties.
- Being a reliable companion and someone they can rely on.
Benefits & Hours
- £8.60 - £17.20 per hour, plus 25p mileage allowance;
- Full and part-time hours are available depending on your availability;
- If you have some availability early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings or a couple of hours on a weekend, then this position is ideal for you;
- Excellent training is provided and potential career progression opportunities;
- Employee Assistance Program;
- The biggest benefit of all is making a difference every day;
- Becoming a Companion isn’t just a job, you will be gaining a friend too!
Do you have a big heart? If you are excited by this opportunity, then we want to hear from you. Within our organisation if you shine opportunities are created. We have ambitious plans for the future and you could be part of that!
** PLEASE NOTE this is not a Volunteer job, it is paid employment, however we are trying to attract those that would look for Volunteer type jobs.**
- Home Care
- Home Visits
- Companion Care
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job