We are looking for Paid Volunteers, Befrienders & Companions in the Bedford area of Bedfordshire to join our Award Winning, care and companionship service for older people in and around the area. We have full-time and part-time hours available including early mornings, afternoons, evenings and alternate weekends.
We also cover the Kempston, Cranfield, Millbrook, Shefford, Cardington, Willington, Clapham, Great Barford and surrounding areas.
We are driven by our owner’s personal experience of the care sector, so we can relate to the people we support, and we want to give them reassurance and peace of mind. We aspire to make a difference in the lives of older people in the community and are striving to make sure that we are provide the highest quality homecare at all times.
We also value our team and invest in their skills and development, so we provide some fantastic benefits for our Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companions, including:
- £8.50 - £11.00 per hour (this is due to increase in April too!);
- 20p per mile mileage allowance;
- Pension scheme;
- Employee Assistance Programme - access for the team to legal and financial advice, as well as counselling (after all, we need to look after you too!);
- Opportunities for progression within and support towards further qualifications.
- City & Guild Dementia training, after all this could be the first step towards an exciting career!
Your responsibilities will include:
- Taking clients somewhere they can do a good food shop and helping clients maintain a healthy diet;
- Personal care tasks like helping clients brush their teeth and hair;
- Taking them out to local groups;
- Reminding clients of appointments or when to take their medication;
- Accompanying clients to hospital appointments;
- All in all, being a good friend and companion.
It doesn’t matter what your past work experience has been, we will give you all the training and support you need to be the best Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion. However, it is essential that you have a full UK driving licence with access to your own vehicle for this job.
So, if you want a rewarding job and you are eager to work for a company that makes a difference, then please click "apply."
Please note: This is not a Volunteer job; however, we are trying to attract individuals who are looking to make a difference in a part time role.
- Helping Clients
- Older People