What could you do in an hour? As a Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion you could make life better for someone in Crawley and the surrounding area.
There are Older Adults who need support currently living in Crawley, Billinghurst, Horsham, and Heyworth’s Heath, and all the areas in between. You could be the one to help. We are only looking for drivers, as the job can mean traveling around the community.
There’s an epidemic of loneliness in the UK, especially facing our oldest and most vulnerable. But you help change that as a Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion. You will step in as someone’s care assistant and help an older person live life on their terms. We match our carers individually to our clients as care is a human thing, we know who you are is essential in the job you do. Once we’ve found the right fit, we’ll train you up (so no need for any prior experience!) so you’re ready to go out there and make real change.
What does the role entail? No two days are ever going to be the same. It could include anything from:
- Cooking light meals and making sure they’re eating healthily;
- Being a kind eye for the family and just watching out for any changes in their mental wellbeing;
- Helping them brush their teeth;
- Reminding them about appointments or when they need to take their medication;
- Being a good listener;
- Accompanying them out and about, as no one should feel trapped in their own home;
- Helping them with their personal hygiene so they can continue to look after themselves;
- Helping them record their favourite TV programmes or other odd jobs around the house!
You’ll be supported throughout, after all just as your job will be to look after our clients, our job is to look after you. We think our Care Assistants are the best around and we treat them as such. Our team members get brilliant benefits, like:
- Get paid £9.00 - £20.50 per hour, plus mileage allowance;
- Part-time hours are available, approximately 10-15 hours per week;
- You only need to work part-time: you can fit your Companion duties around your own life;
- Continuous training and support, with ongoing progression.
So, if you put empathy first, if you are honest, hardworking, and kind, you could make a brilliant Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion. We want to hear from you. Help make Crawley even better, all you need to do is Click Apply.
Please note: This is not a Volunteer job; however, we are trying to attract individuals who are looking to make a difference in a part time role.
- Older Adults