What could you do in an hour? As a Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion you could make life better for someone in the Marlborough, Devizes and Pewsey areas of Wiltshire.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an award-winning provider who is proud to deliver high quality homecare and companionship to older people in their own homes. We always put the individual at the heart of the service and we are passionate about providing a service that allows an individual to live independently and maintain the quality of life they deserve.
There’s an epidemic of loneliness in the UK, especially facing our oldest and most vulnerable. But you help change that as a Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion. You will step in as someone’s care assistant and help an older person live life on their terms. We match our carers individually to our clients as care is a human thing, we know who you are is essential in the job you do. Once we’ve found the right fit, we’ll train you up (so no need for any prior experience!) so you’re ready to go out their and make real change.
What does the role entail? No two days are ever going to be the same. It could include anything from:
- Cooking light meals and making sure they’re eating healthily;
- Being a kind eye for the family and just watching out for any changes in their mental wellbeing;
- Helping them brush their teeth;
- Reminding them about appointments or when they need to take their medication;
- Being a good listener;
- Accompanying them out and about, as no one should feel trapped in their own home;
- Helping them record their favourite TV programmes or other odd jobs around the house!
You’ll be supported throughout, after all just as your job will be to look after our clients, our job is to look after you. We think our staff are the best around and we treat them as such. Our Andover team members get brilliant benefits, like:
- Get paid £8.50 - £9.50 depending on what you do;
- You only need to work part-time: you can fit your companion duties around your own life;
- Access to discounts off some high-street brands;
- Travel discounts;
- Support to help you maintain a healthy work life balance.
So, if you put empathy first, if you are honest, hardworking, and kind, you could make a brilliant Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion. We want to hear from you. All you need to do is click Apply.
Please note: This is not a Volunteer job; however, we are trying to attract individuals who are looking to make a difference in a part time role.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job