Would you like to make a difference to an older adult in your local area by becoming a Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion? Are you interested in part time hours in Wellingborough, Kettering and Rushden areas of Northamptonshire and are you a car driver?
Maybe you are looking for a new, rewarding career in 2018, where you can make a real difference to an older person’s life?
This is an excellent opportunity to join an award-winning care provider, specialising in care and support to private clients within their own homes. You will be supporting older people to help them remain independent. You will need to be available for our busy times which are:
- Early mornings/mornings - help prepare breakfast & support with morning routine.
- Lunch times - to help prepare meals or to take clients out.
- Evenings - to help prepare meals & assist with bedtime routine.
- Alternate Weekends, even if you are just free for a few hours.
Even if you are only looking for a few hours a week they would love to hear from you. This position will involve supporting clients with everyday tasks and routines, activities in and around their home plus out and about in the community.
Being a Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion, isn’t just a job, you will be gaining a friend too!
What are the potential hours?
Part-time hours are available, and full-time hours can be accommodated with flexibility. If you are available some early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings or a couple of hours on a weekend, then this position is ideal for you.
What are the benefits?
- Making a difference to someone’s everyday life is the biggest benefit and motivator for doing this job.
- Excellent hourly rate of £8.15-£16.30.
- Competitive mileage allowance rate.
- You will have regular client/clients and will work locally, keeping travelling to a minimum and enabling continuity for our customers.
- Continuous training and support, with ongoing progression.
What skills do you need to be a Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion?
Are you passionate, have time to spare and want to make a difference to someone’s life?
Are you naturally caring and dependable with an excellent work ethic?
Willing to undertake a DBS check?
Willing to partake in training courses?
You probably have lots of questions, which is fine. Once you apply we will give you a call and answer any questions you may have and tell you a lot more.
Please note: This is not a Volunteer job; however, we are trying to attract individuals who are looking to make a difference in a part time role.