About the facility
Develop your medical career with HCA Healthcare UK, world’s largest private hospital healthcare group to specialise in complex care. Demonstrated by our 2017 CQC 'Outstanding’ ratings across the group, our team of exceptional medical and nursing experts always go the extra mile for our patients and colleagues. They are at the height of their careers and will help you in developing yours.
We are recruiting now for our brand new facility at The Portland Hospital, a dedicated Urgent Care Centre for Children opening Spring 2018.
Operating hours 8am-10pm, 365 days per year and you will scheduled either and early or late shift including weekdays and/or weekends.
The Paediatric Urgent Care Physician role ( a registered GP ) will provide clinical assessment and diagnosis to patient’s requirements including minor injuries, illnesses and fractures.
You will be part of a team that provides long day cover, 365 days. The unit will be open 8am-10pm. You will be required to cover all shifts weekdays and some weekends as part of your rota.
This is a Permanent Salaried Contract
Full Time 40 hours per week. Part Time hour of 20 hours applications are also welcome.
Salary up to £95000 dependent upon experience, plus up to 20% bonus based on occupancy/patient contact rate and shift pattern worked.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work in close liaison with the nursing team to ensure a high standard of patient care is delivered.
- Review Paediatric patients presenting with aches and pains, allergic reactions, bladder problems, ear, nose and throat conditions, falls, sprains, strains and sports injuries, fever, infections and rashes, minor eye conditions, respiratory and chest complaints, stomach and bowel problems and wounds, cuts and grazes
- Cannulate Paediatric Patients
- Interpret Paediatric X Rays
- Refer or admit Paediatric patients as required
Skills and Experience
- MBBS medical qualification. Registered with the GMC and current licence to practice.
- On the GMC GP Register
- Evidence of knowledge and experience working with Paediatric patients
- Current ALS Certificate
- MRCPCH is advantageous
About the Individual
Working in this role would be ideal for a registered GP with some Paediatric experience working in either a Paediatrics A&E or Urgent Care Centre in addition to General Practice setting.
- General Practice
- Urgent Care
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job