HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
We are currently recruiting for a Paediatric Staff Nurse or Dual Registered Nurse to work in Outpatients across 2 sites including 'The Manchester Institute of Health & Performance' & 'The Wilmslow Hospital'
At The Wilmslow Hospital, we diagnose and treat a range of conditions using some of the most advanced technology in the region, from our 3T MRI scanner to our state-of-the-art laminar flow operating theatres.
The hospital is made up of 13 consultant rooms; a full diagnostic imaging suite; 2 operating theatres and a dedicated women’s health unit.
The Manchester Institute of Health & Performance is an Outpatients and Diagnostic facility based in East Manchester.The facility comprises of 12 outpatient consultation rooms, 3T MRI, X-ray, Dexa and Ultrasound.
The outpatients department offers a range of different clinics, including Orthopaedic, Cardiovascular, Respiratory, Sports and Exercise Medicine, Concussion and Physiotherapy.In addition to the clinics we also support medical camps which can be sometimes be at a sports club medical facility.
A unique opportunity for an RSCN or dual trained nurse, ideally with some Outpatients experience, to join a service for children and families attending clinics at The Manchester Institute of Health & Performance, and The Wilmslow Hospital.
As a Staff Nurse you will be required to work as a skilled member of the nursing team, to provide a high standard of holistic family centred care to children, young adults and families. To communicate effectively at all levels within the multi-disciplinary team, assisting with minor procedures, dressings, phlebotomy as well as providing advice and information to parents.
Hours: full time 37.5 hrs pw (open 7.30am - 9pm Mon-Sat, Flexibility required)
Salary: Competitive dependent on experience plus HCA benefits
Reward & recognition – We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell additional hours and excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education.
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To demonstrate excellent clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions
- Assess, plan and deliver care to meet patient and family needs
- Undertake extended roles such as IV cannulation, phlebotomy and advanced wound dressings
- Contribute to research based care and other practice development initiatives
- Contribute to the setting of clinical standards, policies and procedures
- Promote good communication channels amongst staff enhancing good team work
- Maintain a safe environment for patients and staff
- Deputise for senior staff in their absence, demonstrating leadership skills
- Supervise and direct junior staff, promoting a learning environment
- Respect and ensure patients privacy and confidentiality
- Ensure all patient charges are captured
- Provide chaperone service and assist medical staff with clinical procedures
- Undertake daily checks of equipment and report when faulty
- Fully document all aspects of patient care and maintain accurate records
- Provide patients and families with information regarding care and management of their condition
- Maintain stock levels of supplies/equipment
- Carry out nursing duties as requested by senior staff
- Administrative duties as required
Skills & Experience
- Registered Children's Nurse-RSCN
- Experience relevant to specialist area desirable
- Phlebotomy training
- Knowledge of relevant hospital policies and procedures
- Manual Handling training
- ILS desirable
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'