Packing & Dispatch Assistant Job Description
Hours of Work: Minimum 40 hours per week between the hours of
8.30am - 5.00pm Monday – Friday to begin with and then moving to 9.30am - 6.00pm Monday – Friday once fully trained
Hours will be increased in busier periods as work schedules require. This will be paid at an overtime rate of 1.5 times the hourly rate.
Basic Job Description:
We are looking for a Packing & Dispatch Assistant to provide support in all aspects of the Dispatch department duties will include picking of shipments, packing of shipments, replenishment and other dispatch admin.
- Packing of delicate parts using bubble wrap, cutting card to size to create secure packages and creating custom made foil bags for individual parts to be packed in.
- Assemble customer shipments using a pick list generated by the manufacturing software. Ensure that the items picked match the part number, works order number and quantity shown on the pick list.
- Pack and label customer orders for dispatch in accordance with the Company’s packaging procedures ensuring that any individual customer packing requirements are met.
- Replenish packaging stock from stores locations throughout the working day and week and record on relevant documentation.
- Ensuring collection records are manitained both in paper and electronic format.
- General housekeeping of the area to ensure a safe and tidy workspace is maintained
- Carry out any other tasks as required by the management
Skills & Attributes Required:
My Client are seeking a confident, fast learner to join a growing engineering company to work along side more experienced staff. Previous experience working in a Dispatch environment is advantageous although not essential. The successful candidate must be able to meet targets and be confident working alone after taking instruction from other members of staff. Key skills would be an eye for detail and be able to take pride in their work at any level, with a positive attitude and strong work ethic. Applicants must have a good level of concentration, be focused and be able to work as part of a team efficiently under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Full Training will be provided.
Wages: Depending on skills and experience