Purpose of the role:
We are looking for a Packaging Technologist to cover a maternity contract. You will be working in our busy Head Office in Deeside. In this role you will co-ordinate the sign off requested packaging changes for our own label lines. You will also be responsible to ensure packaging is fit for purpose and adheres to all Iceland packaging policies. If this sounds like you read on-
- Present ideas and updates to Buyers and Category Managers to feed into supplier briefs and approval panels including plastic free initiatives.
- Ensure all specifications are correctly placed into the Iceland system with critical path timings, signed off and communicated to internal stakeholders.
- Ensure artwork is completed with the agencies we work with.
- Attend pre-art work meetings to ensure the best print quality.
- Ensure all Iceland own label artwork is approved in Iceland, nominated artwork agency to KPI is accurate to the approved company’s specification.
- Produce weekly reports and relay this information to stakeholders internally.
- Improve any artwork from any complaints or improvements we receive from stores.
To be considered for this role you will be:
- IOP qualified or equivalent preferred or 2 years minimum is a packaging technologist role.
- Previous exposure to an FMCG environment, preferably in the food retail environment.
- Computer literate in excel and word.
- Project management skills desirable.
- An excellent communicator all levels who is organised and calm when under pressure or working to tight deadlines.
- Have an excellent attention to detail.
- Team player, who is flexible and friendly and approachable.
If you have the experience above and want to join one of the 25 Best Big Companies to work for 2018 then please click on the link. We would love to hear from you!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"