Brighton, (Moulsecoomb), East Sussex
We are recruiting for a Packaging Technician to join our friendly and supportive Night Shift team who work 4 shifts from 9pm to 7am Monday to Thursday.
Ideally candidates will have experience of working as a Packaging Technician in the Pharmaceuticals industry, operating high speed packaging equipment and working to maintain GMP standards at all times. Or have worked in a similar GMP environment such as Food manufacturing or Cosmetics.
They should also have an interest in how packaging machines work and be keen to learn how to deal with issues as they come up to ensure production runs smoothly. Previous long-term experience of successfully working a nightshift is an essential requirement.
About the role
Reporting to the Night Shift Supervisor your responsibilities will include:
- Operating various packaging equipment including blister filling, bottle filling, cartoning, labelling, check weighing and over wrapping equipment.
- Cleaning the equipment and the work area.
- Understanding and following site Health and Safety procedures and maintaining a safe working environment.
- Understanding and following Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and maintaining high housekeeping standards.
- Following verbal and detailed written processing instructions with accuracy.
- Completing batch processing documents using simple mathematical calculations.
- Assisting with setting of lines during changeovers.
- Moving and lifting components and equipment using mechanical aids as appropriate
- Taking ownership and responsibility of all aspects of running the line.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience of working as a Packaging Technician in the Pharmaceuticals industry would be advantageous. Candidates will also be considered who have worked within a GMP environment such as Food manufacturing or Cosmetics Night Shift.
- Experience of previously working a Night Shift pattern is essential.
- Good general standard of education, specifically in english language and maths
- Ability to follow instructions with accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Team player who enjoys and works well within a small team
- A flexible attitude
- Reconciliation skills
Benefits include: Holiday; pension;life assurance; subsidised gym and annual profit related company and individual bonus payment based on successful performance.
We offer free parking on site and easy access to the A27. Walking distance from Moulsecoomb station. Staff canteen on site.
Custom Pharma Services (CPS) is a full-service contract development and manufacturing organisation (CDMO) for investigational medicinal products (IMP) through to commercial manufacturing. Custom’s advanced facilities produce solid dosage forms including controlled drugs, certain hormonal products, Specials and veterinary products.
CPS are investing in a new, high containment manufacturing and pilot plant facility within the city of Brighton and Hove, scheduled to be operational Q4-2018.
How to apply
Please submit your application highlighting how your relevant skills and experience meet requirements.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a basic disclosure check.
- Food Packaging
- Pharmaceutical Packaging
- Pharmaceutical Industry