Packaging QA Technician
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join our client based in Peterborough as a Packaging QA Technician. Our client is a fast moving well-established organisation, who are a market leader in their specialist sector. Your role within the company will be to ensure the professional delivery of all Product Specifications. Ensuring that all customer requirements are adhered to within Production of the Product.
- To ensure that all product packaging is safe, legal, decent honest and truthful and meets agreed quality criteria within the technical specification.
- Provide some administrative support to the Food Technologists.
- Self-manage the completion of daily, weekly and monthly tasks to ensure the accurate reporting and completion of all customer packaging requirements.
- Ensure that specification produced is accurately reproduced on the packaging
- Research possible improvements to packaging requirements
- Build successful relationships with customers; suppliers; art houses; printers and over the phone to aid the identification and swift solution of any queries raised.
- To provide support to colleagues within the Technical function.
- Creation of artwork and use of software, if applicable, for tertiary brands
- To reconcile amendments to packaging of the product for final inspection
- The ordering of packaging for rework jobs and liaison with the Logistics Dept.
- To create and maintain accurate product files for all lines
- Completion of topic related projects as handed out by line manager or FT
- To ensure that the production of packaging is carried out within the timescales agreed between the customer
- To limit the number of mistakes to reduce any costs to the Company
- To liaise over the phone with same level contacts for all accounts to ensure the swiftest possible delivery of artwork etc.
- To accurately post data on to the Company's dedicated database (SAP) and process transactions onto spreadsheets
- GCSE, grade C or above, English and Maths
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word and Excel and navigating appropriate useful websites
- Knowledge of or qualification in Art related software such as Adobe, illustrator and photoshop
- Accurate data recording skills and filing
Hours and Pay:
- Monday - Friday (37.5 hours) either 08.00 - 16.30 or 08.30 - 17.00 or 09.00 - 17.30
- 20 days holiday + 8 bank holidays and 1 day a year up to 25 days
- Free parking
- £18,000 - £22,000 per annum
Recruit Mint have the pleasure of working alongside a world-class company who supply into major UK retailers. This is a market leading company, who are experiencing a gap in the market, in which they need to fill.