Recruitment Agency Reference: 6684250
A position has arisen for a Packaging Buyer placed within a highly reputable retail and food packaging organisation based in the Northern Home Counties. This procurement role oversees the purchasing of stock through liaising with various suppliers. This permanent role is paying £35,000 per annum with typical work hours running Monday to Friday.
Your duties will include:
- Managing the life cycle of bespoke products
- Developing the relationship with category suppliers
- Managing the forecasting of goods into the company whilst interacting closely with the stock control team
- Negotiating and obtain the best possible product cost whilst assuring quality
- Identifying and selecting new supplies using best practices
- Maintaining the stock levels and stock availability
- Negotiating and manage a category, 3000 stock keeping units of which 2000 are customer bespoke products
- Managing of spend of £8m across 60 suppliers
It is important that you have relevant experience in stock, supplier and category management and can work in a fast paced buying environment.
The successful candidate should have:
- Experience in purchasing with a spend of £7m or higher
- Extensive print buying experience
- Outstanding category, stock and supplier management
- Excellent communicative experience
This would be an ideal role for a driven Senior Buyer or Purchaser who is ready to start the role at short notice.
If you are interested in this position or would like to find out more about similar roles please contact Ben Paine on and email your updated CV to
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.
- supply chain