As Packaging Buyer based nr. Norwich, you will be responsible for the management of defined Packaging categories, suppliers and products and ensure packaging supply to all manufacturing sites.
My FMCG manufacturing client operate UK wide and supply most of the major retailers in Europe, operating as part of a wider group which combines market proximity and flexibility of SME's with strong capital resources and global market presence.
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager (Packaging), you will ensure that Procurement is actively engaged with all internal stakeholders e.g. Sales, Operations and NPD.
You will identify and achieve significant cost savings; as well as implementing best practice buying processes, protecting against commodity risk exposure and establishing a sustainable supply chain.
As Packaging Buyer, you will be targeted on the below areas:
- Purchase price variance
- Cost reduction initiatives
- Supplier OTIF
- The successful candidate for the role of Packaging Buyer will have direct procurement experience gained within an FMCG environment.
- You will have a track record of delivering sustainable cost saving projects.
- A natural commercial focus with strong communication skills and the ability to influence all levels of personnel within the business.
- Some travel will be essential, between sites, to suppliers and other destinations as necessary.
Competitive salary and benefits package on offer.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job