This job has ended. Find similar jobs.
The role will report to the Project Manager and is responsible for the management of packages or sub projects from conception to completion, ensuring that the objectives for the project are delivered. You will embrace the project philosophy and goals and ensure that their direct Packages align to and achieve the communicated project objectives.
The role will work with all other disciplines within the project to develop design and execute plans for the packages including procurement and cost management requirements. The package managers will have a good understanding of both the main contract and proposed subcontracts/sub-contractors.
Key responsibilities include:
- Directing responsibility for the management of the assigned Packages or Sub Projects construction and teams to ensure successful delivery of the project, driving the Right First Time Nuclear Safety approach.
- Delivery of the Packages or Sub Projects scope from ‘concept to completion’ with particular emphasis on ensuring compliance with the Employers stage gate process particularly in respect to any early procurement opportunities.
- Working with the Project Controls Engineers to ensure that a robust, fully resourced and risked programme is produced for the delivery of Packages or Sub Projects.
- Working with the Design Engineers, Quantity Surveyors and Procurement Expeditors on the Packages or Sub Projects to ensure seamless integration and transition from Design Completion, Tender selection, Manufacture, Off Site Testing, Delivery, Construction, Installation, Inactive Commissioning, PPD and P&PD.
- Undertaking an assessment of all risks relating to EHSQ of the Works fulfilling requisite information security requirements.
- Monitoring and review of Packages or Sub Projects requirements/achievements;
- Undertaking regular reviews of supply chain/sub-contractors’ methods of work to ensure they remain suitable for the task.
- Monitoring works to ensure compliance with agreed systems of work.
- Ensuring that hazards to EHS are adequately assessed and controlled.
- Ensuring that all statutory inspections are carried out.
- Identifying any training needs for the project teams and ensuring a plan is provided.
Experience required -
- Extensive experience within the construction industry, being able to demonstrate that they have worked in a similar capacity on successful projects of a similar size and complexity
- Appropriate knowledge and experience of Risk and EHSQ, to improve performance, reduce risk and ensure compliance
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Experience of Nuclear or highly regulated industries
- Mechanical/HVAC experience
To apply for this exciting opportunity please contact michael smith @ BPS World.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job