Package Engineer - Groundworks
Sir Robert McAlpine is a UK-based family-owned building and civil engineering company. Established in 1869, we have been a ubiquitous construction leader over two centuries.
We are honoured to have worked on some of Britain’s most iconic buildings and projects.
The values at the heart of our operations include a commitment to the highest standards of safety, quality, engineering excellence, sustainability, and an unswerving focus on the needs and aspirations of our clients.
Our aim is to make a positive impact on the communities and the environment in which we operate.
We believe being inclusive and nurturing a diversity of talent and skills will help us to continue our rich legacy of technical excellence to proudly build Britain’s future heritage.
A member of the project team, reporting to the Chief Engineer, you will be responsible for overseeing the design, coordination and management of a number of sub-contractor employed within the Groundworks arena.
The role requires a high level of interfacing between internal departments and external agencies, such as Architects, Engineers, Construction Workers, Sub-contractors, Client agents, Clerk of Works and Site Staff.
Responsibilities of the Package Engineer include, but are not limited to:
- Working with the Commercial staff write the Scope of Works for each package, for which he/she is responsible for
- Coordination and management of sub-contractors
- Ensure SRM obligations to sub-contractor are understood and discharged
- Organise and lead regular site progress meetings with sub-contractors to monitor progress,
- quality and safety, ensuring the Chief Engineer and Project Manager/Project Director are updated on all issues
- Managing the technical aspects of the on and off site works
- Be the principal point of contact responsible for all works related to a package of works including coordination between packages
- Review package tender information produced by the Design Team and comment where appropriate
- Ensure that the sub-contractor are working to the latest design info and provide technical advice and support where required
- Minimum 2-4 years’ work experience within the construction industry
- Proven working experience in package management
- Knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- A good practical understanding of Health & Safety requirements
- A good understanding of all facets of the construction process
- Familiarity with construction software packages
- Ability to prioritise, plan, schedule and evaluate works
- Ability to prepare a 3 week look-ahead programme with assistance of project planner
- Ability to manage conflict through conflict resolution
With an industry-leading package and exceptional training, this is your chance to develop an exciting and varied career path in a family-owned company which treats its people with courtesy and respect.
Sir Robert McAlpine Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
- Package Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"