PA to Group FC and Director of Risk and Internal Audit
We are a FTSE100 company, listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a market leader in providing solutions, technology, and products that grow a safer, cleaner, healthier future for everyone, every day. We have nearly 50 businesses operating through four sectors (Medical, Environmental & Analysis, Process Safety, Infrastructure Safety) in more than 20 countries and major operations in Europe, North and South America and Asia, supplying customers in 160 countries and employing more than 5,800 people worldwide.OVERVIEW:
- A UK Headquartered FTSE 100plc
- £4bn marketcapitalisation
- £1bn revenues adjusted profit £194m (1st April2017)
- 50 businesses in 23 countries
- Major operations in Europe, USA andAsia
- Employs 5800 peopleworldwide
- 14 successive years of record revenues andprofits
- 5% dividend increase every year for the past 38years
- Founded in 1894
- hazard detection
- life protection
- personal and public health improvement
- environmental protection
We have 50 businesses in 23 countries and major operations in Europe, the USA and Asia. Our businesses are highly cash generative and able to deliver world class returns on a sustainable basis.
We have a highly decentralised structure which delivers real competitive advantage. We place our operational resources close to our customers through locally-managed, autonomous businesses.
Our subsidiary companies are grouped into four operating Sectors: Process Safety, Infrastructure Safety, Medical and Environmental & Analysis. Each sector is an autonomous business unit responsible for its own growth organically and by acquisition.
A small head office team focuses on corporate strategy and maintains an overall framework of financial planning, reporting and control. Head office also provides a limited range of central financial services, including treasury, pensions, insurances and share plans, and leads Group strategic initiatives such as driving improvements in sales processes, innovation and people development.
Operating companies have their own board of directors and are given considerable freedom for entrepreneurial action. Research and development, manufacturing, sales and marketing, and human resources are all managed at operating company level.
PA to Group Financial Controller and Director of Risk & Internal Audit
The core responsibility within this role is to offer support to the Group Financial Controller & Director of Risk & Internal Audit and their respective teams.
Candidates for this position must have strong customer service and communication skills, both written and oral, as well as excellent organisational skills. We are a small Head Office, so it is essential that the candidate has a 'can-do’ attitude and is very flexible in their working style. Strong computer skills are clearly a must with a sound knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook as a minimum.
- Diary management
- Organisation of travel arrangements - on a global basis
- Expenses management
- Liaison with Directors from Operating Companies
- Scheduling of team meetings
- First point of contact
- Screening of phone calls, enquiries and requests and handling where necessary
- Dealing with incoming mail for Group Financial Controller and Director of Risk & Internal Audit
- Financial Year End and Half Year End document collation
- Bi-annual Company review coordination
- Monthly invoice issuance
- Switchboard cover (lunchtime and annual leave)
- Supporting the administration of the Risk and Internal Audit team online software, including:
o Adding and removing employees who need access to the system
o Monitoring completeness of information and completion of tasks by the team and the business
o Production of reports from the system to support the Director or Risk & Internal Audit
This is an office-based role at our Amersham Head Office. Regular working hours are from 09.00 to 17.00 with an hour for lunch. Other benefits offered are:-
- £26-34k annual salary (to be reviewed each April)
- Monthly pension plan
- share incentive plan
- Annual company bonus
- 25 days holiday
- 3 months’ notice (including trial period)
- Travel Arrangements