Our client, a research and development pharmaceutical company based in Cambridge, is looking for a Personal Assistant to their Executive Director of Non Clinical & Technical Development. The purpose of the job is to provide a comprehensive and proactive administrative and secretarial support service to the Non Clinical & Technical Development Directorate and Executive Director.
Key responsibilities will include:
- To plan and control the Directorate budget; tracking costs incurred against the budget, preparing budget reports for direct costs, capital expenditure and project workbooks, and ensuring the CMC Leads are aware of the resourcing costs incurred against the budget.
- Make a contribution to the strategic development of the Directorate by maintaining confidentiality and discretion where appropriate. This may involve planning and organising off-site meetings, workshops and other events within the Directorate, and the administration of confidential employment information.
- The co-ordination of activities required to maintain Directorate licenses by acting as the point of contact for competent authorities.
- Organise meetings and teleconferences, make travel arrangements, process expense claims and purchase orders and general usage of other business systems as required for the effective performance of duties.
- Responsibility for administrative support to the projects.
- Prepare materials for meetings such as agenda’s, presentations, letters, meeting minutes and reports.
- Handle post and deliveries of goods required by the Directorate.
- Active inbox monitoring and diary management for the Executive Director.
- Maintain the Directorate filing systems and intranet web pages.
Candidates will need to have a good knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office suite and the flexibility to learn new IT systems. You will need to be an excellent communicator to both internal and external contacts and a high attention to detail and accuracy is essential. You must have strong administration and co-ordination skills as well as proven experience as an administrator, ideally in supporting scientific work. It is essential to be able to work to deadlines and manage own time; prioritising work, planning and monitoring progress. You must be equally capable working as a team member as well as working individually, approaching both with a positive working style and an approachable and flexible manner. Candidates must demonstrate strong ethical standards and a high level of personal integrity.
- Administrative Support
- Budget Management
- Diary Management
- Secretarial Support
- Travel Arrangements