Job Title: PA to COO and Strategy Director
Department: Wireless Group - Management
Responsible for: Supporting Chief Operating Officer and Director of Strategy
Wireless Group is a leading UK media company and part of the News Corp portfolio of brands. We operate four national radio stations, including talkSPORT the world's biggest sports radio station and Virgin Radio.
An exciting opportunity has become available for the right individual to be part of Wireless Group as a PA.
The PA will provide highly professional and organisational support to the Chief Operating Officer and Director of Strategy with additional support to the Chief Executive Officer and wider Wireless Group executive team as required.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will have exceptional communication skills and will have the ability to be resourceful and build relationships across the organisation.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Diary management - organise internal & external meetings, booking lunch, breakfast & dinner venues, responding promptly to meeting requests, liaising with internal and external contacts in a professional manner
- Act as a first point of contact for executives - greeting visitors in reception, fielding telephone calls & responding to correspondence.
- Email management as required (filing, deleting), alerting executives to urgent/important messages
- Provide and/or produce relevant meeting documentation and agendas for meetings
- Organise complex travel arrangements within the UK & overseas, producing detailed itineraries
- Support the submission of accurate expense claims, approvals and other admin tasks as required
- To manage written documentation and correspondence.
- Provide advanced technical admin support to the Directors in creating & maintaining internal reports and presentations, using Microsoft Office and other software tools, as required
- Support with relevant HR processes such as leavers, new starters and contractual changes.
- Likelihood of occasional responsibility to support the staging of successful internal and external events
- Highest standards of confidentiality, trustworthiness and integrity
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Respects others and demonstrates empathy
- Ask questions to find out wants/needs of others; knows what to ask and how to ask
- Shows versatility. Adapts easily to different situations/changing priorities
- High and accurate attention to detail
- Proactive and shows initiative
- Deals with problems as they arise and consults as appropriate
- Is approachable and gains respect of colleagues
- Maintains professional standards at all times
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job