Our client is an established educational establishment looking to recruit a PA to support their Director of External Relations.
They will provide professional administrative and secretarial support for the Director of External Relations and wider team.
The successful applicants will driven, ambitious and highly professional, business-minded and proactive with excellent communication skills and high levels of personal integrity. You will be well-organised, relentlessly positive and resourceful with an ability to use their own initiative to prioritise their workload and undertake simultaneous and often inter-dependant projects.
The role will be busy and varied and entail:
• Management of and familiarisation with a large inbox, identifying urgent matters and ensuring that they are dealt with, often without reference to the mailbox owner.
• Using judgement to action requests for information and business as usual items by delegating to relevant ER Directorate members as appropriate.
• Exercising personal integrity and discretion when handling confidential and sensitive information.
• Management of incoming/outgoing correspondence to ensure that information meets the needs of the recipients. This may include letters, briefing reports and any other communications, maintaining the appropriate tone and style.
• Arrangement of international and domestic travel including booking flights, visa administration, rail, taxis, and accommodation, and creation of detailed visit packs where necessary, ordering and processing currency and liaising with the International Relations team where appropriate.
• Provide logistical and administrative support for the organisation of events and working with the event lead to be proactive in understanding scope of event, managing venue bookings and requirements and supporting delivery of event on the day.
• Supporting the communications officer, ensuring that media for ER staff communications are regularly updated,
• Supporting the management of HR processes across ER, including co-ordination recruitment and selection, absence monitoring.
• Supporting the administration of the recruitment and induction process including co-ordinating interview panels, collating information packs for panel members, assisting with setting up tests and providing support with logistics on the day through to preparation for the arrival of a new member of staff.
Applicants must be educated to A Level or equivalent. Maths and English at Grace C or above is also required. In additional relevant experience of the above.
Katie Bard is acting as an agency and is an equal opportunities employer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job