PA to Clinical Negligence Partner
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000
My client is an award-winning law firm that serves clients nationwide. They are ranked highly in the Top 200 UK Law firms and are a Legal 500 Recognised Leading Firm, and have a 5-star ranking with Trust Pilot.
Their well-established Clinical Negligence team is currently looking for a PA to assist two Solicitors within the department.
The ideal candidate must have legal secretarial experience, within a Clinical Negligence department. Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, and a strong command of English spelling, punctuation and grammar are both essential. An audio typing speed of 65+ wpm is a distinct advantage.
- To prepare correspondence and documents through audiotyping and word processing.
- To administer filing which will include daily filing and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the detailed procedure contained in the Office Manual.
- To prepare mail and enclosures for despatch if required.
- To arrange for all copying to be done, in person if the admin assistant is not available to undertake the task.
- To make appointments, arrange meetings and to manage the fee earner diaries
- To provide support to other secretaries and the administration team as required.
- To attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm’s standards for client care.
- To undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development.
- To ensure the confidentiality of all the firm’s and clients’ documentation and information.
- Help us live the 4-service promise and deliver excellent levels of client care.
- Legal Secretary experience
- Computer literate
- Excellent command of English spelling, punctuation and grammar (we may test at interview)
- Excellent word processing and audio typing skills
- Excellent customer service skills, including professional and friendly telephone manner.
- Experience of working in a Personal Injury law firm, or civil litigation firm
- Experience of dealing with Clinical Negligence matters.
- Knowledge of the Proclaim case management system
- Audio typing speed of 65+ words per minute
- Experience of working with court forms and creating pleadings
- Experience of digital dictation, ideally Big Hand
- Hybrid working available after a probation period.
- 23 days holiday a year, rising to 26 days (3 days reserved for Christmas closure of the office)
- 3 holiday buy backs per year after 1 year of service
- Extra day’s holiday for your birthday after 2 years’ service.
- Private medical insurance available after 2 years’ service
- Attending fee earner meetings and training sessions (every other month)
- Death in Service - 2 x salary
- Active social committee with generous departmental and firm-wide social budget.
- Active training culture and various groups and events such as Diversity & Inclusion.
- Netball / Football team, 10km Manchester team and more.
- Enhanced Maternity Leave payment if you have over 1 year tenure
- Other benefits including Employee Assistance Programme, free fruit & annual flu jab
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'