Capita has a job for a (PA) Practice Administrator to work with us in London. This is an excellent opportunity for a resourceful and motivated person to join our Expert Witness & Advisory Services team based in the City of London.
Ideally, you will have experience as either a personal assistant, practice administrator, office manager, Legal PA or a professional manager within a legal / litigation setting.
You will be part of a small specialist team that provides technical advice and expert evidence in disputes related to construction and engineering. You will support expert witnesses in advising other professionals and their legal teams and you will have the opportunity for direct client contact.
The role is wide-ranging and involves assisting in nearly all aspects of our work. The nature of assistance required varies from case to case; you should be prepared to carry out a range of tasks and may at times take responsibility for managing of processes from beginning to end.
This is a very important role with an opportunity to make a very important contribution to the ongoing success of a small high performing team within the company of professional engineers, architects, engineering geologists and forensic researchers who work with leading law firms in the UK and other countries. The team has a very strong work ethic, with a real sense of team loyalty and support, in which everyone strives pulls together.
Capita Real Estate & Property
Capita Property and Infrastructure is one of the UK's largest and most diverse multidisciplinary consultancies operating in the building design, civil engineering, environment, management and transport sectors, with over 4000 staff in 50 UK offices.
Qualifications and experiences required:
You will have previous experience or understanding of:
- Planning co-ordinating and scheduling
- Assisting with maintaining billing records
- Manage and complete audits for compliance with QA systems
- Administration relating to Legal practices
- You will have a BA (hons) BSC or MSC or professional qualifications and relevant experience relating to Administration, management, law or Practice Administration
- Accurate typing speed of at least 60 words per minute
- Advanced knowledge of CRM, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Visual Files, Elite, Winscribe and the Internet
- Ideally, you will have experience as either a personal assistant, practice administrator, office manager, Legal PA or a professional manager.
Duties will include:
- Planning, coordinating and scheduling internal/external meetings and conferences
- Monitoring of fee earner diaries, reminding fee earners of diary commitments and taking responsibility for ensuring that they have all supporting paperwork and information for each meeting or appointment
- Dealing with solicitors and internal experts in a timely, professional and courteous manner
- Overseeing and prioritising incoming email, post and voicemail when fee earners are out of the office, acknowledging receipt and responding on behalf of the fee-earner
- Preparing presentation slides and materials for internal/external meetings and seminars in the Firm's house style
- Assisting with maintaining routine billing records, prepare billing guides and assist with the monthly billing process.
- Opening and closing of files including completing conflict checks, preparation of client engagement letters, collating all the relevant information required and updating client files regularly.
- Excellent communication, organisational and team working skills
- Conscientious, approachable and enthusiastic
- An ability to build a good knowledge of the company, its departments, key personnel, clients, procedures and business practices
- Previous Legal PA experience within Litigation would be advantageous
- Ability to cope with numerous conflicting demands in a calm and unflappable manner
- Demonstrate capabilities of using initiative and being one step ahead
Your main aim in this role will be to help the Practice manager to keep all the fee-earners (the Practice Manager included) heavily involved in their professional work, without being distracted by coordination, administration, planning and business management. We have a strong esprit de corps and a new Practice Coordinator is sought who is willing to fly at a lot of hard work and help to drive our professional team to even greater success.
What's in it for you?
As well as a generous salary we also give you 25 days holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share ownership scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle.
There are strong career opportunities across the Capita group nationwide and overseas, with a strategy of secondment and resource sharing to enable maximum opportunity for individuals.
We invest heavily in our people, recognising that our staff are our most valuable asset. Individual training plans and accelerated schemes foster an environment of continual personal development. All of this is in a professional but fun environment.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job