We are proudly representing our public sector client based in Newcastle city centre for their search for an PA/Operations Administrator. They now have an immediate requirement to recruit for a temporary assignment to start in as soon as possible. This role is based on full time hours Monday- Friday 9:00- 17:00.
- Responsible for coordinating and supporting designated committees, sub-committees or working groups, including arranging meetings and room bookings etc.; coordinating papers, drafting agendas; and taking minutes; maintaining and proactively managing actions.
- To provide administrative support to the Executive Directorate as required, including (but not exclusively) in relation to meeting requests, diary management, travel arrangements (which may be complex regional, national and international), booking accommodation, conducting initial investigations/research or drafting correspondence as required. Correspondence may be complex reports, letters, proposals or presentations.
- To lead the administration of designated processes (e.g. HR), including receiving initial enquiries/requests/applications; application of agreed operating procedures (escalating as appropriate) and monitoring progress. Taking responsibility for determining the appropriate mode of communication and accuracy of the content when conveying information.
- To provide administrative support to specific projects e.g supporting meetings, monitoring and completing project plans, completing score cards on behalf of the project manager/sponsor
- To proactively receive, resolve and respond to enquiries received, to ensure that an effective service and clear advice is provided to colleagues and customers.
- To develop, implement and maintain effective office procedures and systems to ensure that support is efficient, timely and accurate.
- To manage records relating to the functions, to include taking responsibility for maintaining database(s) of information; gathering data from multiple sources, extracting reports on data as required and ensuring the integrity of data entered / recorded.
- Any other duties within the scope and general nature of the grade which may be required.
- Grades A-C in English Language and Mathematics GCSE (or equivalent) or vocational qualifications, plus work experience in a relevant role; or Substantial relevant work experience in the unit or a comparable setting.
- Working knowledge of relevant systems, equipment, processes and procedures including standard software packages
- Good numeracy skills
- Good I.T. skills
- Familiarity with work priorities and those of colleagues
- Good written and/or oral communication skills
- Understanding of relevant policies and procedures, as they affect the role, and the quality standards and outputs required.
- Familiarity with using initiative and judgement to resolve problems independently
- Experience of prioritising workload and handling conflicting priorities
- Experience of working in a diverse team
- Experience of working with senior managers in a large organisation
- Experience of acting as secretary in meetings, producing agendas, minutes and following up actions
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'