Job Role: Personal Assistant
Hours: 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday
Salary: £19-22,000 Pro Rata plus Excellent Benefits
Are you a solid PA with a minimum of 3 years’ experience ideally gained within the commercial or healthcare sector? Are you good at multi-tasking and remaining calm under pressure and looking for a challenging new role in a very busy department? If so, this role could be for you.
Our client based in North Bristol have just asked to find an experienced PA to work with two Senior Directors in the Ops Team. The successful PA will provide comprehensive administrative and secretarial support to the assigned Directors, assist in the planning and execution of work arising from the Directors and provide an efficient and confidential service whilst maintaining high professional standards at all times.
Main duties & responsibilities of the role:
- Toprovideacomprehensive,confidential and professionalPAservicetotheDirector(s)and Deputy, including word processing, note and minute taking, producing presentations (PowerPoint), administering simple databases and managing a busyschedule.
- To initiateandundertakefollowup action of a wide range of subjects on behalf of theDirector(s).
- Toberesponsibleforefficientofficemanagementincludingcontroloffilingsystems, ordering of stationery,etc.
- TomonitorandhousekeeptheDirector’se-mailaccounts,includingtheonward progression of any emails requiring attention/action from other senior staff.
- Topreparebriefinginformationanddealwithroutinecorrespondence,draftingrepliesas appropriate or disseminating to relevant senior staff as appropriate and following up on any actionneeded.
- To handle confidential information concerning employees in relation to salary or informationconnectedwithsensitivegrievanceordisciplinarycases,in accordancewith data protection legislation.
- Arrange disciplinary and grievance etc hearings involving liaising with Senior Managers’secretariestosetuppanels,liaisingwithUnionrepresentatives,ensuring that all documentation is received by all parties prior to the hearing and attending all hearings as notetaker.
- Toundertakedesktopresearchasrequired,includingjournalsandperiodicalsand theinternet.
- To manage the administrative function of Directorate and external meetings ensuring agendasandpapersareprovided on time,minutesornotesare takenandfollowup action is progressed. This includes the appraisal/objective setting timetable for all managers directly responsible to theDirectors’.
- To maintain systems of records and provide statistical information on training programmes,payroll,sicknessabsence,leaveetcinrespectofseniormembersofthe Director’sstaff.
- AnyothersecretarialandPAtasksas requiredbythe Director(s)on anad hoc basis, including occasional services for other seniorstaff.
Essential skills, qualifications and experience required for this role:
- A minimum of GCSE English at C grade or equivalent and ideally an NVQ 3 in Administration or equivalent.
- Substantial secretarial or PA experience providing comprehensive administrative and office management duties.
- Experience of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Access data base.
- Experience of managing a complex and varied workload
- Experience of taking Minutes
- Excellent communication, organisation and interpersonal skills
This exciting new role is offered on a Fixed Term Contract basis for 6 months with the possibility of becoming permanent in the future. A salary of £19-£22,000 plus excellent benefits including 27 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays, Childcare vouchers, excellent contributory Pension scheme, Death in Service, Staff Discount scheme and continuous professional development is on offer for your skills and experience.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience for this role, please click apply!
- Diary Management
- Office Management
- Secretarial Support
- Minute Taking