PA (Education Sector)
Are you an experienced PA looking for a new challenge?
Do you have experience within the Education sector?
If so, we are looking for you!
Our lovely client based in Winnersh is looking for an experienced PA to provide support to the Principal and Senior Leadership Team through effective administration and excellent time and diary management.
This job is varied and attention to detail is required. The successful candidate will manage the HR administrative procedure for the recruitment of all new staff - teaching and non-teaching, in respect of the Single Central Register and Safer Recruitment. Experience within the Education sector is desired but not essential.
Administration and Diary management duties
- To provide confidential and proactive PA support to the Principal on a range of matters;
- Maintaining diary commitments to ensure effective planning/preparation including:
o Scheduling appointments;
o Preparation and circulation of documentation including agenda packs within agreed time-scales/deadlines;
- To act as the first point of contact internally and externally on behalf of the Principal to include:
o Filtering and prioritising correspondence;
o Screening incoming enquiries;
- To coordinate and support the Senior Management and Leadership teams
- Assist the Business Manager and Heads’ of Schools in the delivery of HR aspects of school administration including production of confidential references and letters of appointments;
- To ensure the smooth running of staff recruitment exercises from inception through to appointment and ensure that the school complies with 'Safer Recruitment’ requirements;
- To support the interview process and timetable of the interview day;
- Ensure effective communication with candidates throughout the interview process. Upon appointment arrange for the appropriate documentation to be completed and statutory requirements are met;
- To prepare employment contracts and amendments to contracts; Maintain the Single Central Record (SCR), ensuring compliance with ISI standards, and KCSIE (2016);
- Support the regular audit of the SCR with the Governor in charge of safeguarding;
- Ensure all staffing appointments and conditions of service are communicated effectively to the Management Accountant for Payroll to be completed adequately.
- Undertake a range of office duties, including photocopying, sending mail, phone calls as directed, responding to emails from staff and parents;
- Maintain manual and computerised records/management information systems.
- Additional duties and responsibilities
- Be prepared to attend training as necessary ensuring all legislative training is kept up to date;
- To carry out any such task as shall be deemed necessary to the smooth running of the school;
- To observe and manage all Health and Safety requirements in order to maintain a safe environment for pupils, colleagues and parents.
Any other adhoc duties as directed by the Heads of School, commensurate with training and experience.
- 20 days holiday (plus three days at Christmas) + bank holidays
- Free onsite parking
- Free lunches
- Discount available for family members attending the school
- Full-time Monday to Friday
- £25,000-£28,000 DOE
- Employment Contracts
- Office Duties
"Office Assistant jobs in London"