PA & Departmental Assistant
This PA & Departmental Assistant role will provide a full range of secretarial, administrative and special project support to senior Commercial Operations leaders based in our Langley office. Responsibilities include diary management, travel and expense management in accordance with global policies as well as coordination and distribution of regular and ad hoc reports.
The PA & Departmental Assistant sits within the Commercial Operations organization and reports to the Head of Professional Services. This individual will also be responsible for the activities of the other Commercial Operations leaders located in the Langley office.
Key responsibilities of the position include:
- Managing daily workflows and business correspondence independently and professionally including preparation of letters, memos, reports, proposals and minutes
- Managing diary, meetings and room bookings. Utilizing understanding of the business and key stakeholders to effectively prioritize scheduling of meetings.
- Coordination and distribution of regular and ad hoc reports
- Following up a variety of assigned job tasks in a comprehensive and reliable manner
- Arranging executive meetings, business appointments, social functions, travel itineraries and accommodation effectively and efficiently
- Coordinating with senior management teams across diverse business functions
- Delivering any ad hoc duties as assigned by senior management
- Provide and coordinate travel itinerary/contact numbers for all overseas trips, including assistance in the local arrangements for all members of the team
- Responsible for all organizational and logistical arrangements for meetings as requested
- On an ad hoc basis manage budget for and administration of key customer/employee events
- Reconciling and processing monthly credit card expenses as well as resolve any issues or disputes related to the expenses
- Maintain team’s Sharepoint sites and update organization charts
- Coordinate team holiday plans
- Effectively represent the Commercial Operations brand in the Langley office. By knowing the organization’s objectives and leader’s areas of responsibility, can assist both internal and external contacts appropriately.
- Other duties consistent with the role where required and/or requested from time to time including flexing style and time. This may require working flexibly on occasions if support is needed for meetings across different time zones.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Training, Education
- Experience as an administrative assistant; including supporting multiple executives (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
· Strong analytical, trouble-shooting, planning, organizing and customer service skills and abilities.
· Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
· Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
· Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy
· Excellent skills in Microsoft Office, Advanced PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
· Experience of customer facing roles / exposure to travel sector advantageous
· Excellent telephone manner, written and verbal English essential
· Skilled at prioritization of work demands to efficiently manage stakeholder expectations and requirements
· Evidence of proactivity and ability to diplomatically interface across multiple stakeholders
· Work well within the team including effective collaboration with other PA, EA & Departmental Assistants
· Effectiveness at communicating with others at all levels in the organization
· Ability to flex approach and style, ability to partner and influence key stakeholders
· Excellent prioritization and organizing skills
· Primarily with C&MO and CommOps leadership, as well as other PA, EA & Departmental Assistants
· Liaison with Line of Business stakeholders, associated Finance and HR contacts
· Work with colleagues within the Commercial Operations team and across the wider organization.
Measures of success:
· Accuracy and quality of work (expenses, diaries, travel arrangements)
· Effective prioritization of work to achieve deadlines
· Ability to positively influence and manage stakeholder expectations
· Effective diary management, clarity of meeting topics, travel details
· Professional service - communications - written and verbal
· Team player - integrates into the wider team / supports and is supported by other PA & Departmental Assistants
· Establishes and builds relationships of trust and effectively partners with stakeholders
- Microsoft Office