PA/Administrator £15.28ph plus holiday Central London
Start asap - 2 months initially
An enthusiastic individual is sought for this post, which is available immediately.
Based within a world renown university there are two key areas of responsibility:
- PA to the Institute’s Director and Manager.
- Office Administrator with responsibility for Communications and General Facilities Management.
The successful candidate will:
- Arrange meetings on behalf of the Director and Manager, both internal and external, circulating and setting dates, booking rooms as necessary, preparing and distributing agendas and other committee papers.
- Record, produce and circulate minutes of meetings in a timely manner including Academic Staff Meetings etc.
- Organise the Director’s attendance at conferences in the UK and abroad.
- Organise the Director’s travel arrangements for meetings and conferences.
- Organise re-imbursement of expenses from outside bodies eg for lectures and travel.
- Manage and respond to all calls, visitors, post and e-mails.
- Draft, prepare and type letters and documents as required and assist with the production of reports.
- Minute a range of meetings.
- Liaise with finance with regards to the Director’s budget.
- Communications - Assist in the production of new and engaging content on the Institute website as well as the maintenance of up-to-date news and general content across web and social media platforms.
- To oversee the operation of the Institute building including monitoring facilities management services (hard, soft and catering), ensuring that service delivery meets specified standards and that the needs of staff, students, and visitors.
The successful candidate with have:
- Excellent IT skills in email, spreadsheets, word processing, PowerPoint, databases and the Internet.
- Ability to supervise other members of the team, promote good working relationships and defuse difficult situations.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- A methodical and accurate approach to work with attention to detail.
- Ability to manage own workload through effective ordering of priorities and display excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to set and work to deadlines and willingness to work under pressure from time to time in the meeting of deadlines.
- Experience of working in a PA/secretarial or clerical/administrative role preferably in an Academic or NHS environment.
- Experience running courses or training programmes.
- Working with minimum supervision and taking responsibility for setting and meeting targets.
- Organising complex timetables.
- Handling confidential information and communications in a sensitive and effective manner.
- Working with and dealing with senior academic staff.
Due to time constraints and the number of applications we will only be able to respond personally to successful candidates. Hopefully you will be one of those. If not please do feel free to send your CV again for any other positions that are of interest.
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
- Diary Management
- Minute Taking
- Student Administration
- Website Updating
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'