PA 1 on 1 - Global Leader
This role is a 12 month fixed term contract, candidates must be experienced in organising complex diaries and travel itineraries - including both international and domestic.
You will be switched on with exceptional attention to detail.
As Personal Assistant, the main focus of the role will be:
• Manage various forms of incoming communication to the Leader, ensuring messages and enquiries are responded to and concluded.
• Seek opportunities to take on tasks to relieve burden on Leader; proactively re-allocate tasks to more appropriate owners.
• Manage, and take complete ownership of, Leader’s diary. Manage conflicts and suggest solutions, negotiate and be flexible with Leader’s time where possible with other Assistants and Leaders. Predict and anticipate likely needs and changes and seek smarter solutions. Set up meetings and arrange appropriate room bookings.
• Manage Leader’s inbox and establish protocols for action on emails, manage Leader’s task list, share information with others as appropriate. Share responsibility for inbox with the Leader; deal with routine emails and those of a non-complex nature, with ability to reply on behalf of Leader and deal with queries/incoming requests as proactively as is feasible. Recognise key stakeholders. Understand and keep up to date with the Leader’s business and projects. Understand people hierarchy and dynamics internally and externally.
• Prepare presentations on behalf of leader, researching as required the material needed.
• Proofreading, grammar and sense checks, troubleshoot formatting of reports, presentations and other documents. Use standard templates and provide draft documents for approval.
• Attend meetings and record, transcribe and distribute minutes as required. Ensure actions are followed up and any deadlines are met. Read minutes of meetings and identify actions for Leader. Proactively update and chase delegated tasks to ensure progress to deadlines. Attend Leadership Team Meeting (Direct reports’ meeting).
• Take ownership and make all necessary travel arrangements for Leader, ensuring that travel plans are aligned to the Leader’s priorities, with awareness of impact and suggest actions/solutions to maximise effective use of Leader’s time. Understand and manage logistics. Produce clear travel itinerary.
• Pre-empt problems and come up with solutions seeking direction from Senior Leader where necessary
• Has an excellent knowledge of systems and the ability to train and instruct others. Able to support Leader in use of systems or act on their authority. Able to troubleshoot or escalate system issues to relevant parties. Seek and share knowledge of emerging new technology. Include appropriate use of social media.
• Use appropriate systems to find and research information, data and intelligence for Leader.
• Involvement in people matters as required by Leader.
• Take ownership of organising events, which will include establishing requirements, managing budget, booking appropriate venues and activities, and seeking authorisation/approval where required. Liaise with Marketing/PR and other parties as necessary to ensure that the events are successful.
• Provide cover for other Assistants on confidential and urgent matters, working collaboratively with the Business Support Team during busy spells or periods of leave. Share and collaborate to maintain high standards.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
• Experience providing support at an executive level, ideally to a global leader
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and other standard software, social media and communication tools.
• Excellent knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures
• Ability to communicate with people at all levels in both technical and non-technical environments
• Ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality
• Ability to manage others and delegate
• Excellent organisational skills
• Proven experience of producing correspondence and documents
• Able to work as part of a team or initiate and drive projects on your own
If you are interested in working for a company that looks after it's employees and cares about the work that they are doing please apply to register your interest!
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'