Business Development Executive, Law Firm, 30 hrs/week up to full time, Uxbridge, up to 45k fte (Ref: 1665)
Our client is a leading law firm enjoying a reputation for representing significant clients in complex legal matters. Their practice areas span commercial, employment, charities, commercial and residential real estate, family, private client, and community legal services. The firm and its partners are ranked highly by independent legal guides Chambers & Partners and Legal 500.
They are currently seeking a Business Development Executive to work within the firms marketing team to develop plans to generate revenue from new clients.
The role will report to the Marketing Partner and work closely to support the M&BD team to implement the Firm-wide and Group Marketing Plans and ensure timely delivery and budgetary control of assigned activities. To provide input and support in the development of marketing plans.
The role will involve high levels of interaction with all areas of the firm to increase the engagement in new business development, providing guidance as well as hands on support on new business development campaigns, industry, collateral creation, award submissions and directory submissions.
- Understanding our clients vision, mission and business opportunities and develop new business development campaigns to support these.
- Understanding our clients priority targets in order to develop ideas for pipeline and pursuit campaigns to support these.
- Understanding the full marketing mix and how new business development campaigns supports brand building and revenue generation.
- In conjunction with the M&BD team create and develop BD campaigns and projects.
- Applying go-no go and prequalification for pursuits and new business bids.
- Providing insight to the practice on the health of the pipeline, partner BD performance, analysis of conversion data.
- Identifying hot topics and industry trends and developing new business development, Keep in Touch (KIT) and individual pursuit activities in response.
- Building relationships with stakeholders in the business to help drive activities.
- Acting as a champion for the use of the CRM in the practice and updating for one’s self the CRM for NBD campaigns.
- Management of activities to quality expected using budget, resource and time.
- Developing the New Business Development campaigns and implementing internally and through external suppliers.
- Support the BD efforts of the lawyers
- Using the our clients’ sales process to create dynamic pipeline of opportunities.
- Targeting specific new business development opportunities.
- Initiating and arranging business development meetings.
- Ensuring effective discipline in follow-up post event or activity.
- Managing new business bids and proposals, from initial awareness to debrief.
- Researching target companies, sectors and markets.
- Creating collateral internal and external purposes.
- Helping fee earners learn and practice their BD skills.
- Driving new business events and hospitality (with support from Events Executive).
- Driving new business direct marketing activities (with support from Communications Executive).
- Driving LinkedIn activities of lawyers (with support from the Online Executive)
- Supporting the Key Account Management, pricing and product development efforts of the Client Executive.
- Managing and monitoring BD success through group and team meetings
- Day to day management of the Industry Programmes
- Working with the M&BD Director and the commercial group heads to support the industry programme.
- Day to day management of web and telephone enquiries (CANDDi etc)
- Day to day management of the Chambers and Legal500 submissions, and of any awards that the firm wishes to enter.
- Work effectively with external providers of marketing and BD services and to ensure value for money is achieved from these.
- Maintain a strong sense of the ROI delivered from projects undertaken and commitments made. Always putting the firm’s strategic and operational wellbeing at the forefront of decision making.
- Ambitious and motivated, proven completer/finisher.
- Strong team player.
- The confidence to work with senior individuals internally and externally; happy to challenge views.
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple projects and programmes.
- Enthusiasm for business development and marketing in general and providing client service in particular.
- Good knowledge of PACE, SPIN or similar recognised sales management process.
- Good knowledge of bid management processes.
- Strong project management skills.
- Expert communication skills, including ability to write with influence, strong copywriting, proof-reading and editing ability and a 'plain English’ approach.
- High level of visual accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good numeracy and reporting skills.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft word, Outlook, Excel and Powerpoint & CRM systems
- Good understanding of the legal profession.
- Understanding of key account management, client portfolio analysis, pricing and client feedback programmes.
- Good working knowledge of social media and SEO.
- Degree educated.
- Experience across the full BD mix from KAM to Bidding.
- Experience at managing activities targeted toward senior business audience and private individuals.
- Experience of budget control.
- Professional Services experience is not required but is highly advantageous.
- Experience of working within an industry sector is an advantage.
The role is seeking a minimum of 30 hours per week to full time, up to full time with some flexibility over how the hours are worked. A salary of c£40k fte is available. The role is based in the company’s office in Uxbridge. Nearest tubes are Metropolitan and Piccadilly lines.
Closing Date: Please get in touch asap if you are interested in this position.
It’s really helpful when applying if you can include details of why you feel you’d be a good fit for the position.